Introduction to HTC One V and Android Jelly Bean
HTC is one among the known smartphone manufacturing brands and HTC One V is its recent launch. The smartphone is run by an Android v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich [ICS OS] and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S2 MSM8255 chipset, 1GHz single core Scorpion processor and Adreno 205 Graphics processor. Moreover, the physical size of the smartphone is 3.7 inch, offering a superb resolution of 480 x 800 pixels at 252 ppi pixel densities. It has S-LCD 2 IPS Capacitive Multi-touch screen display with Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Corny Scratch-resistant glass protection. Hardware carried by HTC One V adds more to its features i.e. 512 MB RAM and 4 GB built-in storage which can be further expanded up to 32 GB via microSD card.
The camera is of adequate pixel quality and the device is set on rumors across the world market alike HTC One desire. The smartphone has a 5 megapixel back-facing camera, sized around F2.0 (aperture size). Also, the camera features back-illuminated sensor (BSI), auto focus, ISO control, white balance presets, face and smile detection, Burst mode, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Digital zoom, Geo tagging, night mode, scenes, panorama, Macro mode and self-timer. HTC One V is equipped with a Li-Ion 1500 mAh, providing an awesome and satisfactory backup.
The other features of the Smartphone include built-in online services support like YouTube and Picasa, GPS and A-GPS positioning, Accelerometer and Compass sensor, voice dialing, voice commands and voice recording and much more.
Jelly Bean is the latest OS by Android for smartphones, Tablets, Notes and Phablets. Being the successor of Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS, Jelly bean is known for better, faster, responsive and smoother performance. Some ICS OS smart phones are configured in such a way that they can be upgraded to Android Jelly Bean v4.1 or v4.2. But adding to these words, there are some certain precautionary notes for upgrading to Jelly bean. The smartphone must have +512 GB of RAM. And if we consider so, the note influences HTC One V as it has 512 MB RAM only (see the hardware aspect of specs of HTC One V above)! Though the smartphone might go affected but after upgrading it from Android ICS of v4.0 to Jelly Bean v4.1 OS, the smartphone is expected to perform better and fast. Let's get the HTC One V smartphone converted from ICS OS to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS using AOKP Custom ROM Firmware.
Prerequisites before executing the process
• Have USB debugging mode enabled of your smart device (HTC One V). To do so, follow the steps given below:
1. Tap on the menu button/icon on your smartphone.
2. Go to "Settings".
3. Press "Application" option.
4. Now, navigate through "Development" option.
5. Select "USB debugging" to enable the feature.
• Backup all you personal data including APN settings.
• The smartphone must have 70% or more battery level. If not, your device may run out of power in the middle of the process.
• Have the USB drivers relating with smartphone (HTC One V), installed on your system (PC or laptop). If not, then do so by clicking here.
If you are satisfied with all above Prerequisites, you may step forward in upgrading the ICS OS of HTC One V to Jelly Bean OS. To do so, follow the step-wise procedure given below:
1. Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean AOKP Custom ROM for HTC One V smartphone. [It is a .zip file].
2. After downloading, extract the tool on your PC/laptop.
3. Connect the smart device with the system via data cable and copy the extracted files to the SD card. Also, don't forget to move/copy the directory containing boot.img to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on your device.
4. Power off your device.
5. Now, you need to enter the Bootloader mode. In order to do so, hold Power + Volume Down button.
6. Navigate to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
7. Press Shift + Right Click to open CMD.
8. After that, simultaneously type the following two command flash to flash into that:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fast boot reboot
9. Hit "Enter" to proceed.
10. Navigate to Bootloader option and enter recovery mode.
11. Now you are in CWM (ClockworkMod) recovery.
12. Firstly, wipe up the existing data on it and then scroll down.
13. Press Power button twice to select and execute the flash zip on SD card.
14. Now, hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button to navigate to the zip file namely, Android v4.1 ROM.
15. The process of upgrading will execute.
16. Once the process is successful, follow the instruction and reboot the smartphone.
Now you will be accessing your HTC One V through Android Jelly Bean v4.1, not with ICS OS. Experience the top performance and from then, your HTC is run by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean [OS] and that is all what today's smartphone enthusiast needs.
Risks are the most important constituents of various mobile processes. From ROOTING and UNROOTING of devices, up to their Jailbreak, unlocking and upgrading, risky toes are included. You are recommended to follow the guide only after keen and extraordinary consultations from some experts/developers.
Note that this guide is for HTC One V users only. If you attempted the procedure on any other smartphone, it may get damaged or may suffer from various issues or may go fully in uselessness.
Regarding size of files to download
The size of the AOKP Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM tool is 130 MB. It is not a big amount which will take hours to download. If you have 3G internet service, it is the task of minutes. And talking about the USB driver, it is 13 MB only and will get downloaded on your PC in some seconds (via 3G). However you may have to download some additional MB's to complete the file download.
Though on one hand, upgrading HTC One V from ICS OS to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS is quite a simple process and on the other hand, it is a bit complicated. But, if you really are a pleasured enthusiast regarding this matter then recommend, consult, upgrade and start showing off your HTC One V, being run by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. Have full time fun with Jelly bean, supporting new apps, games and entertaining ways.
>> How to root and unroot Micromax A116 Canvas HD Phablet
>> How to Jailbreak iPhone 5 with iOS 6?