Complete Procedure to Download and Install Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta)
Finally Microsoft's Latest OS Windows 8 is out in its Consumer preview form, which is aimed for Mobile and Tablets enabled with Touch interface. It was released in the MWC at Barcelona on 29 th February. Here is a guide for you to know how and Where to download Windows 8 and the Installation Procedure.
Complete Procedure to Download and Install Windows 8 Consumer Preview
Most anticipated OS from Microsoft, Windows 8 is out for the consumers in Consumer preview In last months of 2011 developer preview was released. Consumer preview is nothing but the Beta version, Microsoft abandoned the scary word beta. It will be not wise to install a beta version on to main work /play operating system. It will be better to download and Install Windows 8 consumer preview on to a separate partition or on to a separate hard drive. If you do not find it t good to portion you drive virtual machine installation option.
How to download and Install Windows 8
First download Windows 8 ISO from the link provided. Turn it to a DVD, turn off your PC, slap the hard drive in your case, and connect it up to your motherboard. Turn on your system after that select the motherboard boot menu or before inserting the CD make the Boot preference in BIOS to Optical drive. From there, just fire up the Windows 8 installer and install the operating system to your new drive.
If you are having only one hard drive on your system and you don't want to nuke your existing Operating System. For that reason you have to learn how to partition your drive (separating data storage space in to separate chunks). If you are currently running Windows 7 or any other windows OS then follow the Procedure to partition the drive.
1.Open Control Panel select Administrative Tools screen
2.Click on Computer Management option.
3.New Windows opens click on Disk management under Storage menu
4. Youl see your hard drives, Right Click on C:\ volume and Select " Shrink Volume" , shrink the size to 16 GB for 32 bit Windows 8 OS 20 GB for 64 bit.
5.Right click on C:\ volume graphical display select New Simple Volume and Click the next button
6. Assign Name to the New Volume created, and Click next and then click Finish
After these Six steps are performed, reboot your Windows 8 DVD, access BIOS change drive preference to optical drive. Once the PC boots from DVD , just install the OS to your New Portioned volume.
System Requirement for Installing Windows 8
To check this, here are the minimum requirements you will be needed to install windows 8.
1. 1 GHz or faster 32bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) processor.
2. 1 GB RAM for 32bit or 2GB RAM for 64bit.
3. 16GB hard disk space for 32bit and 20GB hard disk space for 64bit.
4. DirectX 9 graphics device driver with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.
5. If you want to feel the experience of touch, then you will need the touch support screen and
6. If you want to run new Microsoft's Metro style apps, your screen need to be at resolution higher than 1024x768.