What is the directX ?
It is the interface which acts as the intermediate for handling various tasks that is related to the multimedia and the games. It is introduced by the Microsoft for the users to provide updates to the computer memory to provide them excellent and the fast speed for performing various multi-media and games operations on any personal computer.
It is a window based application tool that is required to run the applications smoothly by using or displaying applications which contains the multi-media elements like graphics, video, 3D animation and rich audio.
Advantages and Applications of directX
* It not provides the updates for the newer versions but also provides the support for the previously released versions and provides the new feature of the backward compatibility according to which we can make the changes in the previous versions also.
* The 3 Dimensional applications which is provided by the directXare used with it for the development of the video games, as most of the software applications that requires the visualization and graphics for the operation of CAD/CAM is also used interchangeably.
* It also provides the video memory manager that is used in the memory for the display purpose which is supported by the virtualizing graphics hardware, as it is supported by the run time libraries that contains the functions along with their subroutine which will call these functions, as the functions are linked with their subroutines and the excellent image is displayed on the display device.
* Not only this, It also had the strong hand on the security and performance of the computer. As, it also provides the updates which will provide the latest updates for the windows security system and the memory management schemes using the DirectX applications.
Disadvantage of the directX
* The problem occurs with the directX is that, in case we want to uninstall the directX software from the window environment then it doesn't allow the user to uninstall it from your computer. so, to avoid this problem the Microsoft has planned a new approach according to which the user before installing it use the “System Restore" option from the control panel and then this system restore option will creates the restore point through the help of which, you can restore the computer back to the previous position as it was running earlier and provide the same sort of speed and performance as your computer is provided before.
* Instead of this some Direct X versions even not allows the users to work with the internet connection during the installation phase and in case you want to install the DirectX then switch off the connection of the internet and then looking for the reinstallation of the software.
* The testing of the directX is very difficult, it was initially very difficult to test whether the directX is compatible with the hardware or software devices or not? If not, then complex test are carried out in the laboratory against its compatibility.
More articles: Computer Hardwares