How to create email templates, and how to create shortcuts to the email
template (or the folder that the template(s) are in)
NOTE: It is recommended that you determine a location on your LAN for shared
email templates before you begin creating templates & shortcuts.
These instructions assume that you have determined an appropriate
location for your templates.
How to create the email template:
1. Open a new mail message
2. Type text, names & subject to appear in every email.
3. Go to File, Save As, enter a name for the template,
choose file type "Outlook Template"
4. Save this template to a location on the LAN or on your hard drive (C:\)
How to create a shortcut to the folder the template is in, this is very
helpful if you are planning on having several templates
1. In outlook, right click in the outlook shortcuts bar
2. Choose "Outlook bar shortcut" from the menu
3. In the "Add to Outlook Bar" dialogue, Choose "File System" from "Look In"
5. Use the lower window to navigate to the folder with the template
Note: you can only make a shortcut to the folder at this point
How to create a shortcut to a specific template.
NOTE: These instructions assume that you have first created
a shortcut to the folder that the template is in.
1. Once you have the folder as a shortcut, click on the folder
to see the template in the right-side window
2. Drag and drop the template to the shortcut bar.
3. Delete the folder shortcut if necessary (may be useful to
keep if you are creating more shortcuts in the same folder)