How to uninstall a Windows XP operating system and revert back to previous operating system
In this article, I am going to describe the procedure on how to uninstall an upgraded version of Windows XP operating system and revert back to previous operating system. Before doing that let us see some of the important points to do the uninstallation.
Now let us see how to remove Windows XP from your computer and revert back to the previous operating system.
How to remove Windows XP
Follow the below given steps to remove Windows XP:
1. First you must restart your computer in Safe mode. You can press F8 key while Windows is starting to do this.
2. Then you need to Log on with an account that has administrative credentials.
3. Next you should Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of installed programs, double-click Uninstall Windows XP.
Note: If the 'Uninstall Windows XP' is not there in the list of installed programs, you need to manually reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition. But make sure that in this case you back up all your critical data before you reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition.
5. When you receive the following message, click Yes to start the Windows XP removal:
Are you sure you want to uninstall Windows XP and restore your previous operating system?
6. After Windows XP
More articles: Windows
Well, this is a very delicate topic to deal with because even a simple wrong step will lead to chaos in your Personal Computer. You have put in good efforts in narrating the steps sequentially and got good cash credits also. Wish to see more contributions like this from your end in the days ahead. My best wishes.