Windows 11 and its features
What do you think about the upgrade from Windows 10 to the entirely new Windows 11? Would you like to find out its requirements and specifications? Go through our below article to check out.
What is Windows?
Microsoft Windows, or Windows as it is commonly known, is owned by the computer giant Microsoft corporation. The founder CEO is Bill Gates. The windows were introduced to the market on 20th November 1985. MS-DOS was Microsoft's first windows operating system. Originally, it was a disk operating system (DOS) based on x86. Later, IBM purchased it, renaming it PC Dos. 24 June 2021 marks the release of Windows 11. Microsoft describes it as a "reimagining OS". It aims to improve user experience and flexibility. The improvements also eliminate Windows 10's drawbacks.
Features of Windows 11 – what's new?
1. The Microsoft store has been redesigned so that developers can now sell their software through it.
2. The Microsoft Teams collaboration software is now pinned into the taskbar for easy access, and there is no support for Skype, once the most popular chat application.
3. For rapid browsing, Windows 11 will have small updates.
4. Consider this scenario: if you have to leave your desk because of an emergency or because you have a phone call, you turn off the screen by clicking the crescent moon, so your PC takes a nap. It was a major problem if you accidentally pressed the sleep button. You would have to press it back several times in a row to wake it up. The wake-up time has been drastically reduced this time in Windows 11 after taking this matter seriously. As soon you press the appropriate button, the display will come to life.
5. The stability of Windows Hello has improved.
6. Browser-wise, Internet Explorer (IE) is no longer supported in Windows 11 and the operating system now supports Chrome-based edge browsers.
7. Playing your favorite games is as easy as clicking on Windows 11, as its built-in Xbox integration.
8. Windows 11's voice assistant Cortana will not interrupt your first boot-up with her chimes. It can be turned on later if necessary.
New features in the User Interface:
UI supports color palettes, shadows, and translucent and a round-shaped geometry style. There is now a center alignment for the taskbars. Now, Microsoft widgets are combined with Microsoft news feeds so you can stay up to date with the latest news.
At the bottom, the taskbar has been made immovable. Start menu items such as recent applications are pinned. If you open virtual desktops, you will be surprised to discover that each one has its wallpaper.
The two new features of Windows 11 are snapping layouts and snapping groups.
Whenever you get bored with your existing fonts in Windows 11, you can use the new font "Segoe UI variable". Aside from the above, new icons, sounds, and animation have also been included. There are also changes to the preview and settings in Windows Explorer.
Android and Windows 11 compatibility:
For many years, installing Android emulators such as BlueStack, to run Android games on Windows or apps like live tv, was a requirement to play Android games or install android applications. Android support is available by default in Windows 11. It provides two built-in features namely Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) and Android open source project (AOSP). Using them, .apk files can be directly run on Windows 11.
How good is Windows 11 security?
Powered by trusted platform module 2.0, Windows 11 aims to block harmful firmware and hardware attacks efficiently. A technique called virtualization-based security (VBS) is used to run virtual machines in an isolated environment. By default, the all-new OS has enabled secure boot to resist attacks at the booting level. Using multi-factor authentication (MFA) and biometrics, this new Windows keeps hackers away from compromising authentication.
Do you know what Windows 11's minimum system requirements are?
32 bit (x86) systems will no longer receive Windows 11 updates from Microsoft. To migrate to Windows 11, 64-bit architecture is required.
Microsoft recommends that users have at least 4GB of memory and 64GB of disk space.
Intel Core 8th generation, AMD zen+ with snapdragon are the two most significant processors for Windows 11. As we said earlier, Windows 11 includes TPM 2.0 security as a default.
HDR (high dynamic range) enhancement for games built on Windows 11 is provided by a wider range of colors and brighter contrast. The new version of Windows 11 will not make you sad if you have a 5G modem in your home or office as it comes with 5G hardware that enables you to browse faster. This new operating system supports Wifi6 connectivity (802.11x) and has a maximum wireless speed of 6 GHz.
1. introducing windows 11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-11