Wondershare Filmora X Video Editor Software Review
Today we are reviewing Wondershare Filmore X Video Editor. Know the features of this application, what all it is capable of and how useful it is for an amateur and skilled user.
Multimedia content has always captured the attention of the masses and videos have the best and lasting impact. With multiple video sharing platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, DailyMotion, IGTV, etc., the creation of video content has also become a professional work for everyone alike. YouTubers, beginners, content creators as well as professionals, everyone has either shifted to video content creation or have added video as one of the verticals in their portfolio. Video Creation has become a pretty fun job with the availability of high-quality smartphones with great cameras, but the final editing and touch up part requires good technical skills to get a professional output. A good video editing software can completely transform a video and bring out a pretty awesome piece of work that would not have been possible otherwise.
Amongst many video editors available we will today review Wondershare Filmora X Video Editor that has been in this space for a long time and has constantly kept itself updated to the latest requirements in the market.
Filmora is a video editing software that can be used to carry out professional-quality video projects in a very simple way. It offers tools and features which are easy to use, it is quite useful for jobs that are to be finished in a short time. It includes simple features like trim, merge, rotate, divide, trim and flip videos as well as complex tools viz., adding titles and texts to the videos, overlays, and filters to add things in a second, affix watermark and logos of the brand or company, and many more. You can download videos from video streaming sites like YouTube to practice video editing with this tool.
Additional Features in our New Version Filmora X
New features added to Filmora X are summarized below.
1. Motion Tracking: This feature enables tracking live objects in motion in a video. Add awesome effects to the objects and create an amazing video. The feature makes the editing feature easy for beginners as well as intermediate editors. It can be accessed from the main interface of Filmora X.
2. Keyframing: This feature can be used to create custom animations hence enhancing the visual engagement. The feature is loaded with one-click presets for an easier keyframe experience or a free animate option to choose from. The pre-sets are editable thereby it offers a simple keyframing experience.
3. Color Matching: Single or batch color correction settings can be applied to video clips with just one click. Save your time and apply your preferred color settings with ease. Green screen is an overlay feature of Filmora. This feature makes the color range transparent in the top layer of two overlay clips. This enables the background video clip behind the top layer to be seen through.
4. Audio Ducking: For excellent voice quality, fade your music quickly and easily. To fade one audio into another it just requires a click and that's it!
5. Dark/Light Skin UI Switch: For more comfort to your eyes and working preference, just edit the settings in either light or dark mode. The skin UI is available in Dark and Light mode which you can switch between as and when needed.
6. Keyboard Shortcut Customization: The Filmora X has gone an extra mile by providing Keyboard Shortcut Customization. Your editing experience can be customized to suit ease your work and edit faster using hotkey commands.
7. Mac Touch-Bar Support: An added but sweet feature, again keeping in mind the value of your time allowing you to preview your timeline with Mac Touch-Bar Support.
Wondershare Filmora X Compatibility
To get the best of Filmora X, use the updated graphics drivers. The latest updated drivers are needed to get the best performance out of your hardware. Filmora X will need the following hardware specs to run smoothly on your system.
OS Supported: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (64 bit OS).
Processor: Intel i3 and above, 2GHz or above. (For HD and 4K Videos support Intel 6th Gen and above CPU is recommended).
RAM: Minimum 4 GB RAM and for HD and 4K Videos, 8GB RAM is needed.
Graphics specs: Intel HD Graphics 5000 and above; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 700 and above; AMD Radeon R5 and above. 2 GB vRAM and for HD and 4K Videos 4GB vRAM is needed.
Disk: A minimum of 10GB free hard-disk space is required for installation (For editing HD and 4K
Videos, Solid State Disk (SSD) is recommended).
Internet: For software registration and to access online services like Filmstock, an internet connection is necessary.
The Pricing of Wondershare Filmora X
Filmora X is available for Windows as well as Mac, the pricing of the same is as reproduced below:
Individual: For Individuals, there are 2 plans to choose from:
- Yearly: US$ 39.99, billed annually.
- Lifetime: US$ 69.99 (One-time free)
All features, free updates, no watermark, free tech support is available with all the plans but in case of Lifetime plan, one will get all the minor update but will have to pay for a new version to receive further updates.
Business: Plans for business are annual and lower is the price for more number of licenses.
- 1 quantity – US$155.88/Year, billed annually.
- 2 quantities – US$280.56/Year, billed annually.
- 3 quantities – US$420.84/Year, billed annually.
- 4 quantities – US$561.12/Year, billed annually.
- 5 quantities – US$701.40/Year, billed annually.
Features included: In the Business plan all Filmora's features are included, free updates, free tech support, permission for company use, no attribution required, multi-user control, 1-1 sales report, flexible payment options.
Educational/Student Plan: This plan is for students as well as an educator. A student can get a discount of up to 28% and the plan starts from US$7.99. As educator can get the software by providing his details to get a response from Filmora sales team in one business day.
Supported Input and Output formats
Filmora X supports the following Input formats for Video, Audio, and Image formats.
Video formats: MPEG-1/2 Video file: (.mpg, .mpeg, .m1v, .m2v), MPEG-4 Video file: (.mp4, .m4v, .3gp, .3g2, .3gp2), Matroska Video File: (.mkv encoded with MPEG 4 or MJPEG codec only), HTML5 Video File: (.mp4, .webm, .ogv), Non-encrypted DVD Titles: (.vob, .vro)QuickTime Movie File: (.mov encoded with MPEG 4 or MJPEG codec only), Camcorder File: (.dv, .mod, .tod, .mts, .m2ts, .m2t), Flash Video: (.flv, .f4v), Windows Media: (.wmv, .asf), Audio Visual Interleave (.avi).
Audio formats: .mp3, .m4a, .wav, .wma, .ogg, .flac, .aif, .aiff
Image formats: .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, .tiff
Filmora X supports the following Output formats.
Common video/audio formats: - .mov, .f4v, .mkv, .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .ts, .mpg, .3gp, .webm, .gif, .mp3. In 4K - .mp4, .mov, .mkv
Devices: iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod, Galaxy S, Android Generic, Nexus, PS4, Xbox One, Wii, Sony TV, Smartphone
Social Network: YouTube, Vimeo
DVD: DVD folder, ISO disc image file, disc.
How to use Wondershare Filmora X and create amazing videos.
Here is a simple 5 step picture process of how to use Filmora X.
Step 1: Import the Video
Import the video from your system you want to edit as shown in the image below.
Step 2: Basic Editing
Basic editing features like trim, split video, speed, rotate, color grading can be used from the options as shown in the image below. The advanced color tools can be used for a color match as well as color correction.
Step 3: Feature Additions
Add texts, filters, titles, motion elements, and split-screen from the menu options on the UI of Filmora X. Refer to the below images. There are multiple title options as well as an option to have a customized one too. There are lots of motion elements that can be applied to the video. The split-screen feature is loaded with multiple options and one can choose to use the best possible selection.
Step 4: Advanced Editing Features
Advanced editing features like animation keyframing, green screen, motion tracking also can be found as highlighted in the image below. With Keyframing you can keep the object in the frames of video and the same shouldn't go out of frame while watching the video. With the Motion-tracking feature, one can animate or add elements to the object in a video and create a visually appealing video.
Step 5: Export the Video
Once the video is edited as per your need, it can be exported to the local device or uploaded on social media or video-sharing platform. The video can be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo directly or other platforms from the device.
Filmora X is one software that focuses on common and trendy video effects and enables users to apply effects with easy to use tools. The UI is clean and there aren't a ton of sliders, tabs, and windows for beginners to get confused by. Most of the effects can be applied with just a click and an awesome result will be there. The video editing software is easy to learn with tons of resources for help also available. Settings are there not just for beginners but also pros alike. The UI is very intuitive, with plenty of presets and effects available at just a click.