Waking up at an absurd hour, running for office skipping the most important first meal of the day, getting stuck in traffic, sitting on an uncomfortable chair with your hands occupied on a 101 button keyboard, coming back to the same old bed 24-25 days a month. Sounds dreadful?
What if I claim that you can earn the same amount of money while sitting back at home on a comfortable chair and sipping a hot cup of coffee. Hell! You could even earn while you are asleep. Sounds like a dream?
Well, it is not anymore.
Affiliate marketing has emerged as one of the greatest money-making jobs in the last few years. Any successful affiliate marketer is easily earning $50-$100 per day sitting at home. The business has been so profitable for a few that they have also acquired physical offices dedicated for the affiliate marketing work.
Affiliate marketing has turned out to be a billion dollar industry. A study on the subject shows that it is expected to grow to $6.8 billion over the next few years.
In order to be a successful affiliate marketer in 2019, you need to have a holistic approach towards the business. Your success or failure depends on various factors which ultimately decide your growth and revenue over time. To acquire all this, one needs to invest an adequate amount of time following right steps and working smartly. Hard work is a vector quantity. Its direction matters as much as its magnitude. Let's have a quick look at the various relevant terms related to this business and decipher the secret of being a successful affiliate marketer in 2019 -
Affiliate Marketing is a well-defined course of action to generate a sufficient amount of traffic and revenue, both for the brand and the affiliate marketer.
- Research Beforehand - Before getting started as an affiliate marketer, you must have all the required information at hand. This will keep you from drowning in the sea of knowledge available online on the subject. Carefully analyze the trends and patterns, how they have fluctuated in the market over time and how much percentage you will be getting paid for it. Make use of online statistical tools like QuickSprout, SEMrush to analyze traffic and publish relevant content. Once you've decided and finalized your genre, you're good to go.
- Stick To Your Niche: Once you have selected your niche, make sure you stick to it. Successful affiliate marketers make it a point to be specific to their domain and do the best in their field. Be a master of one trade rather than being a jack of all! Apart from that sticking to one niche makes sure that you are always getting traffic from that particular community of people. This will help you establish a loyal customer base and live up to the expectations of your customers. Promote products that your blog visitors would actually like to buy, this not only maintains the relevance of your blog but also increases the conversion rates.
- Digital Or Physical - Another secret behind being a successful affiliate marketer is to choose the right kind of product. Although it is entirely your choice, we recommend you to stick to virtual products as they are hassle free! At least, you should start with virtual products and gradually venture into physical products. With digital products, you have nothing to ship, nothing to package - just send a download link as you receive the payment and you are done. No worries at all and the best part is that you never run out of stock. This will contribute a lot in establishing a successful affiliate marketing business of your own.
Choosing the perfect digital affiliate product is quite tricky in itself. You cannot control the sales process, but by partnering with some leading platforms like LambdaTest, you can at least be confident that you are not wasting your time on a losing campaign.
- Choosing Something That Is Evergreen - Taking the example of LambdaTest, we see that it is a cross-browser testing startup. Almost everyone who runs a website needs to test it for cross-browser compatibility with every new feature launched. Hence, if you select products or services like LambdaTest for your affiliate marketing blog, you will be in demand all over the year! You see where it is going?
An important factor while choosing the product is to see if it has seasonal value or not. A lot of affiliate marketers often chose products that are useful or popular for a while and then fizzle out. A lot of products generally buzz around for a while and finally drop off the radar after selling for a while. The perfect product for affiliate marketing must not be seasonal. It must be able to establish a loyal customer base for itself. Its demand must be there throughout the year so that the income keeps flowing in.
- Today, Not Tomorrow - Advertise something that your visitor needs in the present and not in future. Customers are more likely to buy something that they need in present and not something they might need in the future. This ultimately increases your sale rate.
- Be Patient - I know it might sound unfair for the beginners but creating awareness about your marketing campaign is the best bet on getting more visitors. The more people know about your blog, more commission you generate. Host webinars about your product promotions and why they are relevant to your audience. Above all, give it time. Do not switch between various niches or products quickly. Let it show its results over time. A lot of unsuccessful marketers commit this mistake of switching between niches and thus fail to launch any successful marketing campaign.
- Invest In PPC Advertising - PPC is the abbreviation for Paid Per Click. This can be a costly option for promotion but can drive dedicated users to your website who are more likely to buy products than regular visitors. PPC drives traffic from Youtube and websites through relevant handles.
- Be Smart - Lastly, all the successful people out there are smart. Make sure you are updated on all the latest developments in the field. Invest in the right resources and use them wisely. Never invest so much that you regret it later. Play your cards wisely. Progress with baby steps and keep a track of your journey.
To be a successful affiliate marketer in 2019 counts on different factors. Prior to anything that might affect your marketing, you need to know about three ways by which affiliate marketers are making money -
Affiliate marketing is a process where the affiliate vends another brand's or person's product and earns commission on a successful transaction. This not only benefits the affiliate marketer but also helps brands to drive ample amount of traffic on their website and make a good amount of sales.
- Pay Per Sale - This is the most common way by which brands pay. The affiliate gets paid some percentage of the cost of the product sold after a successful transaction.
- Pay Per Lead - A serpentine system of affiliate marketing where the affiliate gets paid after the desired action once the customer lands on the brand's website, this can be as assorting as signing up for an account, subscribing for a notification newsletter or can be just as easy as filling up a contact form or downloading a file/software.
- Pay Per Click - This program believes in compensating affiliate marketers for driving the traffic to the brand's website from their marketing. The affiliate is then paid based on the amount of traffic they drove to the merchant website.
The concept is easy as pie, affiliate promotes and publicizes a product they personally use and like and when a visitor buys that particular product going through a special link (called the affiliate link), they earn a commission which can be up to 1-20% (or even more) of the actual product cost.
The affiliate marketing industry has been constantly growing and we see no sign of anything stopping it to grow even more any time soon. With a lot of people trying their luck at affiliate marketing, it can not be as easy as it sounds and not everyone can stand in the competition of flooding affiliate marketers in 2019. To be successful and get established, you need to implement the affiliate marketing strategy effectively. Affiliate marketing in today's date is a long-term achievement and is not something that can be mastered overnight.
Lastly, you should be open to stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new ideas. This is not an overnight process and takes time, do not lose hope and keep making efforts to be successful, as once someone said: " Slow and steady wins the race". Happy marketing!