Car runs automatically and the screen staggers : bug fix GTA 4
Are you also one of those GTA 4 gamers who are annoyed of facing "car runs automatically and the screen staggers like the player is drunk" problem? If yes, then I can totally understand your feelings after facing this problem so we are here with a fix to this problem. In this article, I have mentioned the three very easy methods to overcome this annoying problem in GTA 4.
Car Runs Automatically and the screen staggers like our player "Niko" is drunk, this problem is only experienced by those GTA 4 gamers who buy the pirated CD's or download the GTA 4 game from internet. They can overcome this problem by buying an official game CD of GTA 4. Or still if you can't afford one and wanna play GTA 4 with no bugs then you may try the methods given below. But indeed, without buying an official CD of GTA 4 you are gonna face many bugs in this game.
Minimum Requirements for GTA 4 for which you must make sure before following the upcoming methods:
1. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz.
2. Memory: 1.5GB.
3. Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB.
4. Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900.
5. DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Method 1 of 3
You need to delete the "paul.dll" file, the game will create a new file but this bug will be gone forever.
1. Open the Folder where your GTA 4 is installed
2. Search for "paul.dll" in the search box
This shows no result found in above image because I already deleted this file.
3. Delete the "paul.dll" file completely from your system
This is one method to fix the "car runs automatically and the screen staggers" problem. If this doesn't work good on your system then don't worry, we have another method for you downside.
Method 2 of 3
Try to download the latest patches from the Internet. Also if this doesn't work properly then download the complete crack for the GTA 4 from any good online website.
Method 3 of 3
This is the main solution for the "car runs automatically and the screen staggers" problem. Follow each and every step very carefully.
1. Exit the Game if you are playing it
2. Press the window key
3. On the right side list go to "Control Panel"
4. Then to "System"
5. Now to the "Hardware Tab"
6. Then to "Device Manager"
7. Now you will get a small list, find out "Human Interface Device" from it and click on it.
8. Now you need to disable all the extra connected devices to your system like Joystick, printers etc, you can do so by right clicking on the options and then click on "Disable" option
9. And also delete the drivers for the devices
10. Now relaunch your GTA 4 , I hope the problem has been fixed now.
But deleting the devices and associated drivers cannot be treated as a solution. Because it is not only the game we would be playing on a PC. There are many more tasks and you will need to reinstall those deleted devices all over again! Will it not be a cause for decreased productivity?