ePSXe for Android - PlayStation 1 Emulator
For those who don't know about ePSXe - Basically, it is a Playstation emulator. It can run PlayStation/PSOne/PSX ROMs/Games on Android or PC. Its PC version was released in 2000 and they have recently released Android version of the app. It is the one of the most popular emulator due to its very high emulation rate. It can run almost 90% PS games without any error. Multiplayer gaming upto 4 players is also possible. Moreover, you can also add external controllers/gamepads to play the game in case you are not comfortable with the touch inputs of the device.
=> Minimum Android v2.2 Froyo.
ARMv7 or X86 CPU.
800 MHz processor.
256 MB RAM.
=> Recommended Android v2.3 GingerBread or up.
ARMv7 with Neon or X86 CPU.
1.2 GHz processor.
GPU with OpenGL support.
512 MB RAM.
Class 6 or better microSD card.
Multi-touch or external gamepad.
1. First of all, download/buy and install ePSXe for Android app from Google Playstore. Earlier, it was a free app, but now you have to buy it for around $3.85.
2. Now download the PlayStation BIOS file; SCPH1001.BIN (512 KB) and goto the folder, where you have intalled ePSXe app. There, you will see a folder named "bios". Put the bios file in this folder.
4. Then, open the ePSXe and goto the preference section. Click on the first option and choose the location of the bios file. See the image below.
5. Go back to the main menu and click on the "Run Bios" to test the bios file.
6. Now, you need a Tekken 3 game image/ROM. You can download it from any Abandonware site or dump it from an original game disk. ePSXe supports these file formates; .ISO, .BIN, .CUE, .IMG and .ECM.
7. Once you are done in the above step, open the ePSXe app and click on the Run Game button. Now, goto the directory, where you have downloaded/saved/dumped the Tekken 3 ROM file and tap on it to run the game.
8. That's it. Now you can play the Tekken 3 on your Android Smartphone.
9. With this same procedure, you can also play any other PS1 game like Harvest Moon, Spider Man 2 - Enter Electro, Diablo etc. on you Android device.
You can modify these settings for better gameplay:
Bios Preference : Bios file : With this option, you have to select the folder, where you have downloaded the PS1 Bios file i.e., SCPH1001.BIN.
Simulated Bios : If you don't have the original Bios file, then you can enable this option to run the PS1 games. Otherwise you should disable it. Unlike original Bios file, this is not fully compatible with all games.
CPU Preference : CPU Frameskip : Enable this option on lower processor.
Show FPS : You can enable this option to view Frame Per Seconds.
MME Enable : Choose "Autodetect". This doen't cause much difference though.
Screen Preference :Screen Orientation : Choose Landscape view for best gameplay.
Screen Ratio : You can select eaither Stretch or 4:3. The latter one has more sharper graphics but it utilises l smaller screen while the earlier one is Fullscreen with stretched graphics.
Screen Color Depth : You can choose either 16 bit or 32 bit. The latter one is recommended for better graphics.
You can leave the other options unchanged.
I got apk file for Tekken 3 and it works well, but my problem is that can we play it on multiplayer (vs) mode via LAN on an Android smartphone?