Comparison between Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1 Android One
After setting records for selling smartphones within few seconds after their launch, Xiaomi is back with another brand new smartphone 'RedMi Note'. Its 3G variant was released on March, 2014 & 4G variant will be available from December, 2014 in Indian market. In this article, i am comparing Xiaomi Redmi Note with Micromax Canvas A1 Android One.
Price comparison between Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1
First of all, we will compare price of Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1. As we know both are budget smartphones. Therefore, the price of Redmi Note in Indian online market is Rs. 8,999 for 3G version and Rs. 9,999 for the coming soon 4G version, whereas the price of Canvas A1 in India is Rs. 6,499 only.
The above figures simply indicate that Canvas A1 is cheaper than Redmi Note. The total price difference between the two smartphones is Rs. 2,500.
If money is not an issue, you can go for Redmi Note but if you want something cheaper to save some money you should go with Canvas A1. You can buy extra accessories with this money.
Software & Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1
- OS -Redmi Note has little older Android OS, v4.2 Jelly Bean, while on the other hand Canvas A1 has newer Android OS, v4.4.4 KitKat. Another advantage of Canvas A1 is that, it is fully compatible/upgradable to Android OS, v5.0 Lollipop.
- Chipset -Chipset used in both smartphones is manufactured by Mediatek but both have different versions. For Redmi Note version of chipset is Mediatek MT6592 and for Canvas A1 it is Mediatek MT6582. As the name indicates, Mediatek MT6592 is newer than the Mediatek MT6582 and has some more advanced features such as increased speed etc.
- CPU - Xiaomi Redmi Note has Octa-core 1.4/1.7 GHz Cortex-A7 processor whereas Micromax Canvas A1 has Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 processor. The Octa-core processor of Redmi Note gives us more speed as well as the ability to run many more apps simultaneously.
- Browser -Both Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1 has HTML5 format of web browsing.
- Java -Both smartphones can run Java based apps/games using Java MIDP emulator.
- Colours - Various colour variants are available for Redmi Note in which Red is the signature colour while on the other hand Canvas A1 is available only in Black and white variant.
Network & Connectivity of Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1
- SIM/Network -Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1 both are Dual-SIM smartphones. Both smartphones supports 2G and 3G networks. A 4G variant of Xiaomi Redmi Note will be available soon.
- GPS - Both smartphones have GPS connectivity through A-GPS.
- GPRS/EDGE -Both Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1 are GPRS & EDGE compatible/enabled.
- WLAN - The WLAN/Wi-Fi in both smartphones have Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n version. You can create Wi-Fi hotspot and share files and internet connection with other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Bluetooth -Both smartphones have bluetooth v. 4.0 to share files more faster.
- USB - Both smartphones supports microUSB v2.0.
Display & Body comparison of Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1
- Screen Size - Screen of Xiaomi Redmi Note is one inch larger than the Micromax Canvas A1. Display size of Xiaomi Redmi Note is 720x1280 pixels (5.5 inches), and Micromax Canvas A1 is 480 x 854 pixels (4.5 inches).
- Display Type - The display type of both smartphones is LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours. Also both smartphones have multitouch compatibility.
- Body Dimensions - Body Dimension of Redmi Note is - Hieght : 154 mm (6.06 in), Width : 78.7 mm (3.10 in) & Depth/Side : 9.5 mm (0.37 in) and Canvas A1 is - Height : 131 mm (5.16 in), Width : 65 mm (2.56 in) & Depth/Side : 8 mm (0.32 in).
- Body Weight -Body weight of Redmi Note is 199g whereas body weight of Canvas A1 is 136g.
Memory comparison of Xiaomi Redmi Note and Micromax Canvas A1
- Internal - Packed with internal memory of 8 GB and 1/2 GB of RAM, Redmi Note has twice memory than the Canvas A1 which has 4 GB internal memory and 1 GB RAM.
- External -The expandable memory both smartphones is same which is 32 GB. MicroSD is the only supportable memory card to increase external memory.
Cameras of Redmi Note and Canvas A1
- Primary -13 MP camera with Autofocus & LED flash of Redmi Note is far more better than the 5 MP, Autofocus & LED flash camera of Canvas A1. It means that the quality standard of pictures and videos taken by Redmi Note is very high.
- Secondary - Same as the above, secondary camera of Redmi Note is 5 MP which is very good for taking selfies in high quality whereas 2 MP camera of Canvas A1 is not so good for any reason.
Micromax Canvas A1 is good if want a cheap smartphone with excellent hardware. Most notable feature of Canvas A1 is that you can upgrade it to the latest Android Lollipop. But if you want a smartphone by which you can take selfies & videos in high quality Redmi Note is your best bet. Redmi Note is also slightly bigger in size.