Overview of Mobogenie PC suite
For setup of Mobogenie PC suite, the installation files are freely available on website www.mobogenie.com. You can download Mobogenie_Setup exe file. You can explore this Android application package with extension of APK. My first experience with Mobogenie was with Samsung Model Number GT-S7262 with Android OS Version 4.1.2. After that, I have tried successfully with some other Android ones. Mobogenie, just like any other PC suite or PC Client, is the application software which connects PC or laptop and mobile cell phones through USB cable. Mobogenie is well suited for content management on your Android cell phone. It helps to manage media files with supported versions like .avi, .3gp, mp4, m4v. Mobogenie API is used by developers also. Mobogenie is the PC client with multiple functionalities in single suite for Android Smart. All you need is a compatible Android cell phone and a compatible USB cable with compatible driver software.
Requirements to use Mobogenie with PC/Laptop
First of all, make sure your mobile phone is an Android one. Next connect cell phone to PC/Laptop via USB cable. Then in your cell phone, allow applications and enable USB debugging mode. Run the suite and it will detect the cell phone. As a token of connection and recognizing cell smart phone Mobogenie displays some details such as phone model, charge level, free storage space etc.
Wi-Fi feature may be also available for higher versions.
General functionalities of Mobogenie
1. YouTube: Mobogenie with its YouTube down-loader, helps to browse and get video.
2. Contacts Management is very good for PC friendly guys.
3. Message management is nice using this suite.
4. Applications can be installed and updated easily in the folder of your choice.
5. Media - like music, pictures, and videos can be downloaded directly from net.
6. Games- Especially a good tool for game downloading.
7. Wallpapers - Good suite for downloading and setting Wallpapers.
8. Ring tones: Nice tool for downloading ring tones and setting.
9. Wallpapers: This suite helps for browsing pictures and setting them as wallpapers.
10. E-Books: One can download e-Books using Mobogenie
11. Backup/Restore of Contacts, Messages, Pictures, and Applications in your own backup folder on your PC/Laptop.
12. Smart Tools like PC cleaner, Wi-Fi connection, Arabic Interface and One click root clean up tool.
What can be improved in Mobogenie
If you compare with original manufactures, few things are not possible using current Mobogenie such as changing operating systems and all. Though Mobogenie provides nice GUI, its overwhelming functionalities create confusion for new bees for first time. Then there is the problem of ads which is quite common in Freeware.
When it is nice to use Mobogenie?
If you have fast broadband Internet connection and if you love to work with PC/laptop provided you have some spare time, then Mobogenie could be the best tool. If you looking for free download, this would be better. If you have got lot of files on your own CD, VCD, DVD and you are capable of using USB card reader with PC/Laptop, and if you have very less time, then you can go for second opinion. We need to remember one thing, we need to have fast Internet connection, then we can enjoy the process of downloading from YouTube, books, images etc. Without high speed Internet this tools is a bit powerless. If you have got PC or Laptop with operating system Windows 7 or Windows 8, Windows Vista or XP with an Internet connectivity having good bandwidth, then you can really enjoy with your Android device with Mobogenie. It even works with Windows Server also, but usually on server systems, such software is not recommended to install, because of security reasons.
Software provider and the price
Mobogenie is provided by a company called Beijing Yang Fan Jing He Information Consulting Co. Ltd. Till now it is free.
Good article to know about new android suites available and which is a free ware. Would be interested to know about the architecture and security issues for the same.
Good article and review about Mobogenie.
Really practical guide. Thanks for valuable info.
This article is really excellent. It has very good and useful information.