You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

What is a free or low cost software for productivity monitoring?

I would like to know whether any software is available for free to monitor employees in a small company with 20-30 people. The software should be able to track which programs are used throughout the day and time when employee is working
    There are many such apps in the market and some of them or their versions are free also. These are good for employee tracking and quite useful as the manager can keep a track of all the employees under him. Some of these are -
    1. DeskTime lite.
    2. Timecamp.
    3. Hubstaff.
    4 . Tick.

Knowledge is power.

There are different options that suits your request.
    If you're just looking for those 2 main functions then you should try WorkTime as it's pretty easy to use and doesn't take up a lot of OS memory. They have a free trial of 1 month and generally their cost is lower than the cost of the software Umesh mentioned above.

Some of the apps that I mentioned in my response above have indicated that for one user they are free. What I inferred from that was that one manager can use it free for using these apps to monitor a few people under him. Is my understanding correct? Members may respond on this please.
    Knowledge is power.

Hi Umesh,
    I tried installing the apps you have mentioned in your response. All of them are free for one user. However, that one user is not the manager.
    The tracking is based on the email Id registered which means each user including the manager is a user.

Ankit, thanks for your precise and clear explanation.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments