Basic tips for TEC articlesTECians, we are happy to see the steady stream of articles being submitted by our members. We would like to give a few basic tips & pointers to improve on the overall presentation of your articles. This will benefit both you and Techulator.com.
- Do not give over-lengthy titles and avoid keyword stuffing in both the title and the summary.
- Always put a small introductory paragraph before you start the main text.
- Avoid large images which will overwhelm the text.
- Do not repeat something in different ways over and over again merely to lengthen the article.
- Always use proper sentence case, use a capital letter when necessary and present the article in neat paragraphs with good sub-headings. Also, avoid over use of punctuation and the word 'and'.
- Points can be listed using number or bullet tags.
- Most important: Present both sides of the coin when writing about a product, a software, an app or a service. That is, don't just write all positive things about it. All technical and technological products and services are bound to have some sort of glitch, drawback or annoying feature! When you have actually used the product or service, why not give a complete feedback with pros and cons / benefits and disadvantages? In case you have not actually used the product or software or service, you can still cover the positives and negatives of it. You can look up user reviews, feedback and suggestions and present them in the article, stating something like "Users of this software have criticized...." or "Those who downloaded this app found...." or "A review of this smartphone by tech experts pointed out that....". In short, don't just simply list the features, but provide an assessment of it.
In case you need any guidance on improving your article, let us know in this thread.