You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

How to read attached PDF files?

Dear Members,

I am using Firefox browser but not able to read PDF files within the browser and the identical problem I am facing even in Google Chrome browser.

Whereas in Internet Explorer browser I am able to read PDF files.

Kindly advice me what to be done to read PDF files within Firefox browser as I have to copy the link to Internet Explorer quite frequently which is consuming more time.

Waiting for suggestion/advice from esteemed members.
    You can try the following
    1. Re-install Adobe Acrobat Reader completely and install the latest version
    2. Open a pdf document. Go to Edit>>Preferances. Locate Internet in the left pane. Uncheck the option 'Display in Browser' and click OK. Close the file. Again open the file and check the 'Display in Browser' option and click OK.

If the above steps does not work, try separate fixes for firefox and chrome:
    Firefox .pdf fix
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/opening+PDF+files+within+Firefox

Google Chrome .pdf fix
    1. Open C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Browser
    2. Select nppdf32.dll and Copy
    3. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\Plugins (create a Plugins folder if it does not exist)
    4. Paste the file.
    5. Restart Chrome.

Hello N K Ravishankara,

If you want to read PDF files then you must download the plugin for Firefox.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/opening+PDF+files+within+Firefox

Best of luck
    PAMELA

www.kitu13.blogspot.com/

Thank you Sameena and Pamela.

As you have mentioned I reinstalled Acrobat Reader again, and now it is working fine.

I am thankful to both of you as well as to MWC and its Webmasters.

N K Ravishankara

It is simple : Just Install Adobe Reader latest version before installing Mozilla, it automatically receives the data and get ready to open your pdf files within your Mozila Browser and Chrome too,.
    -------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Siaar Ceo Siaar Group

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.