You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Mozilla Firefox

Internet working fine with every site but facebook doesn't open

Hi members,
    My internet is working fine. I am currently using mozila firefox browser and every sites works fine with it. But when I try to open Facebook it says you are not connected to internet. I thought that Facebook may be offline for some reasons so I opened it on my smartphone and it opens fine there. I checked blocked site too if by any chance I had added it in blocked sites list but it is not in there. Members please provide your suggestions.
    "But education is still important because it opens the mind and expands it. And if your years in school were bad or boring you can still educate yourself now."
    Hi Prashant, in my opinion you need to post such questions in the Ask Experts Section of this site. Forum can be used to discuss other general but technical issues.
    Lakshmi Satish Kumar,
    Freelancer.

@ Lakshmi S: I currently do not have access to "ask expert" section so I have to post my query here.
    Although I have posted a thread regarding my access to ask expert section but still no response have been given by webmasters or editors.
    "But education is still important because it opens the mind and expands it. And if your years in school were bad or boring you can still educate yourself now."

Dear Prashant this happens when you are in a network of some organization and there some websites are blocked. So you first of all write "https://" before the url of facebook. After editing your url will look like "https://www.facebook.com". After doing this facebook will open and it will not show connection failed. If after doing this there is still some problem then let me know about the problem again. I will give you some other solutions of this problem. Hope my suggestions help you.
    Rajneesh

Thanks Rajneesh I have done as you have told and everything is now alright and I am able to access Facebook. Thanks once again.

Hi Prashant,
    Try to check whether you are using your internet in a secure connection or not. Because that will also gives trouble to the site which you work. "Https://" is the secured hypertext transfer protocol to used in the site. Then if you are working in a company or an organisation, those places will restrict the social networking sites to access. The members who are working were not permitted to access those social sites.

This service has been stopped by Facebook for the past some days even on India Study Channel. So, we have to wait till the Facebook starts this service once again. Till then the like button for the Facebook can be used.
    "Teaching is my passion & sharing of knowledge is my motto"

Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor & Platinum Member at ISC

You are welcome prashant. I am very happy too that my suggestions helped you and solved your problems. This is the correct use of these sites like techulator and ISC.

Try to check the date and time is correct. If the time and date is not correct update time from net.

Date and time of my computer was already correct.

Hey this is stephan and am from India for the past one month i to have the problem but overcome by changing the platform of my os and browser

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.