You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Hosting Services

How much bandwidth needed for a new blog?

Please tell me guys, how much bandwidth for a new blog? The most sites offering unlimited. I found godaddy has some low bandwidth plans. Is a new website/blog worth unlimited bandwidth plans?
    There's no simple answer but here is some information that may get you started.
    Calculating your estimated bandwidth used is actually fairly simple. All you need to do is:
    >Estimate the average page size of your site. Put this size in KB. If you don't know, use Pingdom's Load Time test on a few pages and take the average.
    >Multiply this time your average number of visitors per month.
    In turn, multiply this times the average number of page views per visitor.
    >If you need help with this, MarbleHost has a basic tool for doing this math and even converts the final answer into GB, making it useful for determining which account you should buy without having to carry the decimal.

It's important to note though that, to do this, you have to calculate for every site that is going to be on the server. If you run twelve domains on the same account, take the time to add up the visitors for all sites combined and the average
    page size across all domains.

Regards

Nitendra Shukla

Hi,
    I agree with what shukla says. Make you page simple and informative. That makes your site to get more traffic. I too seen more blogs have been given unlimited bandwidth.

Thank you very much nitendra shukla, you given a unique guide for calculating the bandwidth. I think now i don need unlimited the blog hasn't got any big audience

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.