Links to various pages within this site or external pages are important part of any post. By following some simple guidelines, you can make your links very effective.
1. Links to pages within this site should not include the site name.
<a href="https://www.techulator.com/forums/">Visit our forums<>
<a href="/forums/">Visit our forums<>
1. Links to external sites should include full url including site name.
2. Links to external sites should include the following attributes:
3. Never provide links to bad sites, fake sites etc. That will affect the reputation of our site.
4. Do not provide direct links to downloadable file in any site. Instead, give link to the page which contain the download link.
In any posts in MWC, do not link to images in other sites using the <IMG SRC="xxxxx">. Instead, the images should be attached to the resources in MyWindowsClub.com. Most of our sections allow attaching images to the posts.
It may be a violation of law to link to directly images hosted on other sites.
Some sites like photbucket, Flicker etc may allow linking to the images hosted in their sites, but we still do not want to link to those site. What will happen if those sites go out of business after 5 years or if they start charging money for using images hosted in their site? We do not want our resources to look ugly with missing images in future.