Tips for writing product reviews & good articles
Here are some tips for those who are writing product reviews, including software/gadget/game reviews:
1. Include the product/app name in the title and summary.
2. Always write the product/app name exactly as it is written by the developers
3. Avoid repeating the product/app name too many times. Don't repeat it in all headings. Include it in content in a meaningful manner, but don't over use it. If Google detect you are trying to take SEO advantage of the keywords, the content may get penalized and may never get any traffic. As per new Google rules, you don't need to repeat keywords several times to make Google understand your article is all about that keyword.
4. Towards the bottom of the review, write a short paragraph about the developers and also give a link to the official page of the product/app you are reviewing. If the page is a very authority site/page, then use "do-follow" link, otherwise use "no-follow" link.
5. Don't just write some overview. Instead, use the product/app and write detailed review and cover points that others have NOT written. Also, use the words like "when I used it", "I used this feature", "I like that feature" and so on...
6. When you write drawbacks, avoid harsh comments like "this is the worst feature" etc. Instead, use nicer language like "this option can be improved", "this require some improvement" etc.
7. Try to embed official videos and pictures.
8. Try to contact the developers, let them know about the great review you have written and ask if they can add a link to this review from their official site.
9. Submit a comment in their official Facebook page or send a message to their FB page and ask if they can share it.
10. Send a twitter message to their twitter account with a url to your great review. Most probably they will re-tweet it and get your post good promotion.
11. Don't forget to share the url in Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and other social/bookmarking sites.
12. When you are writing product specs, try to compare it with other similar products. For example, when you are writing about the processor of a smartphone, you can mention which other models/brands use same processor and which other models/brands have a better CPU. Similarly, you can briefly compare each of the features with similar products.
If you can get some links from the official sites, that can make wonders in terms of search engine ranking and traffic to your content.