You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Hosting Services

Why blogger change country domain's? It good or bad?

Some days ago, my blog xyz.blogspot.com redirect go to xyz.blogspot.in in India. My alexa rank totally affected for this change. Alexa rank of my site different ex: xyz.blogspot.com some rank, xyz.blogspot.in different rank.
    Why blogger change regional domain?
    It good or bad?
    I think this is to reduce the stress on their subdomain system. It has drastically changed the traffic and rank of many of blogs. But I think Google is interested in making separate categories from every country. Also .in domain does not look professional and hence most of the users are hating this system. But its Google we can't do anything.
    Regards,
    Sachin R. Kukale
    Editor-Forum

Recently Google has started blogs to redirect their country specific domains that why our blog in India showing .in instead of .com. There is a small code which you can include to your blog to stop Google to redirect you in country specific domains. You can search it in Google.

This kind of redirection is harmful for our blogs as same content is showing in more than one domain. May Google think that blog is copying contents from other blog? I will also affect our Alexa rankings.

Thanks your valuable info sachin and sabraz.
    I found the code and add my blog.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vignesh Waran

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.