You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Hosting Services

A free web site from Google

Google offers Free Website with .in domains

Google has launched -India Get Your Business Online – initiative that will offer Indian Small & Medium sized Businesses completely free website along with a .in domain name. additionally, this initiative offers businesses free Email Addresses backed with 365 day support. Essentially, everything that you will need to get your business online.

Details.

1. It's free to set up your website. The domain is free for 1 year, and it's free to maintain your website for 12 months.
    2. The website tool takes 15 minutes from sitting down to being found online
    3. You don't need to be a tech whiz to get started. All you need to start is your address, phone number, TAN/CIN or PAN to verify you as a business
    4. Gives you your own .in domain
    5. Other features include photos/logos, integration with social media platforms
    6. You get a Google Apps account – free personalized email ids
    7. After the first year, some nominal charges have to be paid to renew the domain name and also maintenance of the site.

Very much thrilling? Is it'nt ?

Regards and thanks

Hari
    Hello Hari,

Yesterday I came across this offer by google and applied for it. This offer is provided by Google with Hostgator and ICICI.

I have registered one domain which free for first year and it was instant but the domain is not available yet and there seems some problem with their system as when I login in the control panel I see this:
    ===
    Account Setup Date 06/12/2011
    Account is free until 06/12/2011
    ===

Which worries me :(

--
    Thanks and Best Regards,
    Milind Mohan Koyande

Dear Milind,

Since I donot not have a g mail account, I did not try this. Please inform thrugh a posting if you could find a way to rectify the problem, so that I will also open a web site.(Well, there are good free web sites providers such www.20m.com, but the advertisement in the site is too much.)

thank you very much

Hari

Hello Hari,

Sure I will let you know once it get rectify and i don't think Gmail account is required for this.

Thanks for sharing the name of free web site provider but I just want to try their services and free providers comes with advertisement which doesn't look professional and give good impressions for the visitors. :)

--
    Thanks and Best Regards,
    Milind Mohan Koyande

Hello,

As per the rules by Google they are offering a free website with .in domain and one year free hosting to only the registered businesses in India.

If you try to register yourself on indiagetonline.in then you will need your company`s PAN and TIN.

I think these are the two mandatory things needed for availing this free offer from google.

Thats a good news. But google is only give the free website for only for bussiness companies not for personal websites. Also this website is not a free website it has trial pesiond also. If you want a domain name then you gave to gave price. If you want to make free website of your own then try this webnode.com,webs.com. This site offer you a free website but you can choose your domain like this yourname.webnode.com or yourname.webs.com. And also this website will not be published on the google or any search machine. If you want to publish you gave to gave the price. But you can publish by adding your website into your blog. Ok buddy.

Pan card is mandatory for this scheme. Moreover, it is providing a .in domain which can be easily purchased below 100 Rs from any of the domain registering websites.

Dear Friends,

India Get Your Business Online is the great initiative by Google and HostGator for Indian small businesses. The main aim and objective of the scheme is to create interest in online business. Where the small business get big identity with its website for free and service provider get the long time customer. In this case both are benefited.

If you want to use this service then you have business. For example your uncle or family friend have computer shop or other type of shop. Then you simply registered with "India Get Your Business Online" with valid PAN no of owner. After this you can choose desired domain name and template to create website.

The personal use of domain name is not allowed. It just only for business. I think "Home Business" also able to build there website with India Get Your Business Online. Try for it if you have business like Mehndi, Beauty-parlor, Achar or Papad Making, Tuition Classes, etc.

Google will contact you to verify about your website with offer of Advertising. Try to grab this offer and get introduced with world.

with best regards
    Vilas

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.