You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Techulator Announcements

Looking for Webmasters for Windows based sites.

We are looking for Webmasters to manage the following sites, on profit sharing basis for the first 2 years.
    1. www.GetWindowsFree.com ; 2. www.Windows8Sites.com; 3. www.windows8newfeatures.com .

Profit Sharing and other benefits for Webmaster(s):

The first 1 year is very crucial for the success of a new site. The webmaster will have to put in a lots of efforts during the first year and make a very good base for the site. The responsibilities expected from a Webmaster for these sites are narrated below: -

1. GetWindowsFree.com - Webmaster should explore and post all possible ways to get windows free from various sources. Once the site settled, he should find and post atleast 1 new way per week (like contests in other sites etc.).

2. Windows8Sites.com - Webmaster should post atleast 1 entry per day either in resources section or bookmarks section.

3. Windows8NewFeatures.com - Webmaster should keep updating this Website with all news about Windows 8 gathering it from all corners of the world.

Depending on the effort and contribution level of the webmaster, we may need to hire more than one webmaster. The profit share will be decided based on how many webmasters we will have to hire, the contribution level of the webmaster and his passion to make the site successful.
    The webmaster(s) will have access to a Google group where the webmasters from various ISC and sister websites are discussing and sharing ideas. See the list of other sites at: http://www.indiastudychannel.com/general/PartnerSites.aspx

Tasks and responsibilities:

Webmaster is responsible for day to day functioning of the site and is expected to visit the site several times a day and nurture it. we are expecting webmaster to take a quick look at the site atleast 3 times a day, on an 8 hour interval, in addition to spending couple of hours a day for responding to members, encouraging members etc.
    During the initial stages, the webmaster may have to do a lot of work including editing the content, suggestions to members etc. Once the site becomes popular, we can have editors/employees to do all these work.

Qualification & Criteria:

The basic requirement is, the person should be capable of leading the site to success. If you have that qualification, you are on board!
    These are the general criteria we will be looking to judge if the person is capable of leading the site to success:
    1. Good attitude - it is the foundation, without that no one can be a successful leader.
    2. Good English writing skills - We want all announcements and communication by the webmaster to be very professional.
    3. Good interpersonal skills to deal with different kinds of members
    4. Enthusiastic about the work and role as a webmaster
    5. Vision - Should have a vision for the site and should know where we are going.
    6. Search engine skills - the success of any site depends on how many people visit the site. Good content is of no use if no one read it. Optimizing each and every post in the site to be search engine friendly plays a key role in attracting traffic to the site.
    7. Should function in an orderly and purposeful manner
    8. Should be well aware of Windows and computers to help the target audience of above mentioned Websites.

Selection:

Selection of the Webmasters for the above sites will be announced in MWC Forum.
    If you are interested in this position, get in touch with us as well as start contributing content in www.GetWindowsFree.com & www.Windows8Sites.com . Rather than posting on random topics, figure out what need to be posted to improve the search engine traffic to the said sites. You may discuss with us about the topics for posting.
    It may also be noted that we may start additional Windows sites later and will be looking for more webmasters in future. The long term goal of the above mentioned sites is to promote MWC and those sites may be discontinued after 2 years, unless they are valuable in being independent sites.
    Interested candidates can respond to this thread clearly mentioning how they will fit in for this job.
    hello,

Nice idea and i am interested to work as the editor in these sites because firstly, i want to experience editing and after that look for the webmaster responsibility.

Chirag Sachdeva

Satish Kumar,

Very nice idea about the new sites. are these sites related to the network of spider sites, I mean are these sites sister sites of DNS, ISC and MWC? I have just gone through the first site. and I also registered in the first site. I will let you know about my interest.

Raghav

Hi Satish,

It's really very nice to hear about two more websites for windows. I want to candidature myself for a webmaster for GetWindowsFree.com. I am a webmaster of Hamaraup.com which is the sister site of spider technologies. This website was going down from last year. After taking responsibility of a webmaster in hamaraup.com, this website is alive once again. Even I am an Editor of MWC.

Hope you will accept my candidature for getwindowsfree.com

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant Sultania

Glad to note that two more sites from ISC is on the anvil. I think many old members of this site are aspiring to be the editor of proposed sites. Hope the best people get the chance to serve.

K Mohan

The '''Cheer Leader ''' of this site

@ Raghav,

These sites will be the sister sites of MWC only and please read the last para in this announcement that some more sites like this are also possible in future.

Satish Kumar Pranatharthyharan,
    Superintendent of Central Excise & Customs.

Hi,

Its really good to hear that more and more sites are coming up. I would like to take up this opportunity.

Satish Sir,

Its really wonderful hearing another three new sister sites of MWC. It is very glad to notice about these sites.
    Soon we will see some great contributions in the following sites and see a drastic change about them.

I once again thank Satish Sir to open a great platform for all the newcomers who want to participate in many new sites.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sashwato Chatterjee
    (Editor- Forums, ISC)

Thanks and Regards,
    Sashwato.C

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.