Looking for Webmasters for Windows based sites.
We are looking for Webmasters to manage the following sites, on profit sharing basis for the first 2 years.
1. www.GetWindowsFree.com ; 2. www.Windows8Sites.com; 3. www.windows8newfeatures.com .
Profit Sharing and other benefits for Webmaster(s):
The first 1 year is very crucial for the success of a new site. The webmaster will have to put in a lots of efforts during the first year and make a very good base for the site. The responsibilities expected from a Webmaster for these sites are narrated below: -
1. GetWindowsFree.com - Webmaster should explore and post all possible ways to get windows free from various sources. Once the site settled, he should find and post atleast 1 new way per week (like contests in other sites etc.).
2. Windows8Sites.com - Webmaster should post atleast 1 entry per day either in resources section or bookmarks section.
3. Windows8NewFeatures.com - Webmaster should keep updating this Website with all news about Windows 8 gathering it from all corners of the world.
Depending on the effort and contribution level of the webmaster, we may need to hire more than one webmaster. The profit share will be decided based on how many webmasters we will have to hire, the contribution level of the webmaster and his passion to make the site successful.
The webmaster(s) will have access to a Google group where the webmasters from various ISC and sister websites are discussing and sharing ideas. See the list of other sites at: http://www.indiastudychannel.com/general/PartnerSites.aspx
Tasks and responsibilities:
Webmaster is responsible for day to day functioning of the site and is expected to visit the site several times a day and nurture it. we are expecting webmaster to take a quick look at the site atleast 3 times a day, on an 8 hour interval, in addition to spending couple of hours a day for responding to members, encouraging members etc.
During the initial stages, the webmaster may have to do a lot of work including editing the content, suggestions to members etc. Once the site becomes popular, we can have editors/employees to do all these work.
Qualification & Criteria:
The basic requirement is, the person should be capable of leading the site to success. If you have that qualification, you are on board!
These are the general criteria we will be looking to judge if the person is capable of leading the site to success:
1. Good attitude - it is the foundation, without that no one can be a successful leader.
2. Good English writing skills - We want all announcements and communication by the webmaster to be very professional.
3. Good interpersonal skills to deal with different kinds of members
4. Enthusiastic about the work and role as a webmaster
5. Vision - Should have a vision for the site and should know where we are going.
6. Search engine skills - the success of any site depends on how many people visit the site. Good content is of no use if no one read it. Optimizing each and every post in the site to be search engine friendly plays a key role in attracting traffic to the site.
7. Should function in an orderly and purposeful manner
8. Should be well aware of Windows and computers to help the target audience of above mentioned Websites.
Selection of the Webmasters for the above sites will be announced in MWC Forum.
If you are interested in this position, get in touch with us as well as start contributing content in www.GetWindowsFree.com & www.Windows8Sites.com . Rather than posting on random topics, figure out what need to be posted to improve the search engine traffic to the said sites. You may discuss with us about the topics for posting.
It may also be noted that we may start additional Windows sites later and will be looking for more webmasters in future. The long term goal of the above mentioned sites is to promote MWC and those sites may be discontinued after 2 years, unless they are valuable in being independent sites.
Interested candidates can respond to this thread clearly mentioning how they will fit in for this job.