You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Late registration of two wheeler

    Is your bike registration and insurance now outdated and you want to get everything fixed to be able to ride your bike again? Know from our experts who will guide you the steps you will need to go through to fix these issues.

    I purchased a Hero Honda bike in the year 2006 October, at Silvassa union territory. In the year 2011, I have shifted from there to the United Arab Emirates and my bike shifted to my hometown Kota Rajasthan.

    Till the last eight years, I have never been able to pay yearly registration fees and insurance.
    Now the bike is with me and I want to use it again in Kota, Rajasthan.

    Please advise me that how I can legally register, pay insurance and use my bike.
    What fines will I have to bear?
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • The vehicle has moved from Gujarat state (registration) to Rajasthan state. You can use the same vehicle without any issue as long as insurance is running (if not, to be renewed with additional penalty charges), RC Book is there, it falls under fitness duration (15years), Emission test is done and you have a valid MCWG driving license.

    If you are interested to change the registered number plate from GJ (Gujarat) to RJ (Rajasthan) then you can separately apply for it by visiting their official website or reaching Government RTO office to enquire and act accordingly.

    Once everything is done (which normally takes time for the process) and transferred exactly then you are free to ride it within your state with your State registration. You can also drive it anywhere without state-changing too, as long as you have all valid documents with you.


  • When you shifted your two wheeler from Silavasa to Kota then have you taken any NOC from there? Generally the RTO in Kota will ask for NOC from earlier place to ensure that there was no accident or crime related to the two-wheeler. Now the gap is too long so you may not be able to produce it or it might not be valid so what is required now is first renew the insurance and take pollution control certificate and then apply for change of address in RC book from Silavasa to Kota by giving the residential address proof of Kota. After that you have to produce the two-wheeler in Kota RTO office for their physical inspection and they will impose some fee as per the state RTO rulings which is generally a reasonable amount. You can apply for the number change also but that is not mandatory.

    They will issue you the receipt and may be a new RC document for your reference and records.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments