There are multiple ways to earn money from your YouTube channel. And some of the ways require you to have more subscribers for your channel. And based on that you get to scale up the channel revenue. So here are some options for you.
1. Adsense : This is the default mode to earn from the adsense. Here you get paid based on the CPV cost on the video. Longer videos and the original content based on the categories allowed, you get to earn some good money. This is usually higher revenue option for some channels.
2. Sponsorship: This is second most important model on YouTube. Here the earning can surpass the channel earning from adsense. So depending on who is sponsoring you the video in the case, you get to ask more for the price if you have lot of reach for videos and also the subscribers.
3. Merchandise: This model is recently came out and people seem to be selling hoodies, caps, t shirt on the channel. And it can earn some good money. Though it may not be a good job replacing income.
4. Patreon: This model is also in trend these days people seem to be donating some monthly amount to the users for regularly creating the videos. This can be a good option for those who have VLogs, Howto videos and want to support their work.
5. Live streaming donations: This model seems to be working for only top channel creators. They regularly play online games and also giving people some really good amount in the donation while they are streaming the content. So depending on your subscribers type they can keep you funded for going live showing content.
These are some of the ways you can earn from YouTube. And make sure you have original content. Avoid copying others work because that would get your adsense closed and YouTube channel closed. So make sure to be original in content and focus on your own growth so that your channel keeps running.