There are a number of software and apps out there for video editing. There are tools for every person, let it be for a beginner or a professional video editor. Since you need software that is easy to operate and quick to understand for beginners, I will be first compiling a list of only the apps and software developed for beginners.
Let's start with apps:
1. FimoraGo: The first name that comes to my mind when I hear 'video editing in smartphones' is FilmoraGo. This is the first tool that I used in Android for video editing. They have a good app interface, and a good amount of effects is there to apply to your video. Everything is arranged in a neat manner for everyone to understand. So, in my opinion, start your editing with FilmoraGo.
2. Adobe Premiere Clip: Don't freak out, when you see the words 'adobe premiere' in this app. Adobe Premiere Pro is a professional video editing software used by professionals and it's not for beginners(I repeat' it's not for beginners-Believe me I have tried it!) But Adobe premiere clip is a simple video editing app for beginners which comes with simplified features.
3. Kinemaster: Kinemaster comes with a plethora of editing features, and even professionals use Kinemaster because of its powerful features like multiple videos, effects layers. It even has chroma key which is used for green screen. Kinemaster is is the most powerful among its competitors in video editors in smartphones.
There is plenty of video editing software out there, which will be perfect for editing videos for youtube. Here are some of them:
1. Filmora: This is the desktop version of the previously discussed app FilmoraGo, both of which are from Wondershare. Fimora offers a neat interface which is easy to use. The one thing that Fimora does better than other competitors is titles. There are many title packs available in Filmora, and many more can be downloaded from the store. Filmora even has an easy mode, for beginners who are new to video editing. Overall a great software to start with.
2. ShotCut: Shotcut is an opensource and free video editing software for budding youtubers. The main advantage of shotcut is that it is free, most of the video editing software out there are paid, and this is where shotcut comes in. But being free to use, doesn't mean it lacks features. Shotcut offers some good video and audio effects as well as some basic color correction features. Shotcut is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, so the Operating system you are using doesn't matter with this software.
Some other great video editing software is:
3.Hit Film Express(Free)
4.iMovie(for macOS users)-Comes pre-installed with macOS, offers a great learning experience for its big brother Final Cut Pro.
For professional video editing:
6. Adobe Premiere Pro: If you have researched even a little bit about video editing software, you might be familiar with the name Adobe premiere pro. It offers a great ecosystem with its sister apps like Adobe after effects(Animation), Adobe Audition(Audio editing). Available both for Windows and macOS. Since this a high-end software, you will also need a high-end PC to run Adobe premiere pro smoothly.
7. Final Cut Pro X(only for macOS)- Are you a mac user? Think no more about which editing software to use(But you should think about the money). Final Cut Pro X is an expensive video editing software, which really syncs with Apple's hardware hence giving maximum performance.
Well, this was a brief list of video editing tools for both PC and smartphones.
Deepak Mathews Koshy