Most of the PS vista users suffer from this problem. It clearly tells your console gets 5 to 6 years old. At this point, your battery life gets reduced. In PS vista, lithium batteries are placed. These batteries should be active in order to stay healthy battery life. When you charge your battery regularly, it is possible to get drained or dead. To control this fact, drain your battery completely and then put a charge in deep once in every week until the battery reaches 100%. It will result in long and healthy battery life.
Here are some tips to control your battery getting drained.
1. Make sure the charging adapter works properly.
2. Blindly put the console in charge from 3 to 5 hours.
3. Don't use console when it is in charge.
4. Keep the console in a cool place to avoid heating.
5. Use proper lithium batteries for the console.
6. Unplug the charger when the console gets heated.
7. Check the indicating light, whether it works properly or not. When the console in charge, it blinks in orange light.
8. When the charge gets completed, the indicator will turn off. If this function is not working properly, then you need to look after your battery and the charging port.
These are some of the suggestions. It may work or may not. It depends on the situation and condition of your console.