Resellers and partners are treated like in house sales people. And they get larger percentage compared to the affiliates. Most of the MNC brands have a lot of higher requirements for the reseller.
For example, Avaya resellers require the distributor to have large percentage of region covered. And they also look at the capacity of the reseller to get conversion. Compared to franchise option, reseller are required to prove their capacity to meet more sales goals and their command over a particular region in a niche. You can find that re-sellers such as Reddington and Ingram micro are top sellers for variety of software and hardware products in India.
Here are some basic requirements most of the software brands require for the re-sellers.
1. Meet the revenue requirement per month for the brand.
2. Go through formal training to promote the brand for the re-sellers sales department.
3. Mandatory registration of business with brand and initial investment for the product or service sales.
4. Register on the partner portal of the brands website for tracking the sales.
5. Incorporate the brands offering in the existing services or products.
These are the typical set of workflow that is applicable to brands like Microsoft, Amazon and other software brands who are making use of partners and distributors. The investment and training requirement for the reseller partner varies from each software brand.