Well, before you can begin installing Wordpress, you will need to have a custom domain and a good hosting plan. Since you have already fulfilled those requirements, go through the steps here below install WordPress for your custom domain. Installing WordPress
Installation is normally done through your cPanel of your hosting account. You will easily get an option to install WordPress therein. However, if you are the one who wants to do it manually. here are the steps involved.
- You will need an FTP clent for the purpose.
- Download the latest version of WordPress. You can get it from https://wordpress.org/download/.
- Unzip those files and upload using the FTP to the web directory of your choice.
- Now go to the cPanel of your hosting company. Create a database here.
- Enter a name for your new database, and click on Create Database
- Create a user name. To do that, under MySQL database page, scroll to MySQL and provide a new user name and password. Clsick on Create User
- Now you will need to add user to databse. Scroll down to MySQL database and click on Add user to database. Choose the user and database in the drop down list and click on Add,
- Choose the privileges( select all of them) and click on Make Changes.
- Now you will need to install WordPress. Go to the URL where you uploaded the WordPress files. Choose the language. Click on Continue
- Then click on Lets Go on the next screen. Enter the name of your database in the next screen and click on Submit
- Now click on Run Install. Create user name, site name, password and other details on the screen that appears.
- Now click on Install WordPress to continue.
That should do it. Your Wordpress is now installed.
I would advise you to follow the onscreen quick installer provided by most of the hosting companies. It would ease out the issues you may face when attempting to install it yourself manually. How to increase blog traffic?
1. Create content quite regularly. You should understand that content is king.
2. Go social. Share your content as much as possible.
3. Pay attention to the headlines. Interesting headlines can be attractive enough to drive more traffic.
4. Use long tail keywords. Using long tail keywords can be good from SEO point of view.
5. Consider guest blogging. Either you can write on an authority site, or get an expert author to write on your blog.
6. Linking internally is yet another sure shot way to gather better traffic.
7. Ensure that your site loads faster. Slow loading sites can repel potential visitors.
8. Respond to comments. Always be responsive to the readers who keep coming back to you.SEO Tips
Well, explaining SEO tricks in this response may not possible to the extent you would expect it to. That is perhaps something you need to learn quite consistently. However, some of the tips could be 1. Stick to your niche
Try not be a jack of all. Choose a perfect niche that suits you and keep writing on it. You can do a research or something on those lines so that you can zero in on a particular niche.2. Keywords
That is exactly what matters most in SEO. Include keywords in as many times as possible. But be within a limit. Avoid keyword spamming.3. Use keywords in permalinks
Some sites use numbers in permalinks. It may look ugly and may not be a good idea from SEO point of view. Go for keywords in your permalinks.4. Make your site run faster
The time your pages take to load is of utmost importance. Check the blog your self to find any issues with respect to loading times. Remove the unnecessary components that appear to slow down your site may not be something that you would not expect.5. Use keywords in images
Your images used on the blog should contain keywords. Reframe your image files and rename it to something that is related to your keywords.6. Create links to other sites
You can create links to some authority sites. Add a blog roll, link list or usual internal link. Do not overdo it.