I assume you mean to migrate your blogger blog to paid hosting. Paid hosting is generally associated with migrating your blogger blog to WordPress and hosting it through paid hosting services.
Here are the basic steps you will need to go through to achieve that -Choose a hosting service
To begin with, choose a good hosting service that suits your needs. Compare the prices and services provided. I would advise you to prefer the ones that offer additional features. Install
Once you zero in on a hosting service provider, pay up and sign up for the service. Install WordPress on your Control Panel (generally referred to as CPanel). Locate the option to install WordPress. Import your Blogger Blog
Next step would be to migrate your blogger blog to your new hosting service. WordPress offers you the easy Blogger Importer tool
for the purpose.
- Choose the option Tools and then Import. Now, click on Blogger.
- Click on Install Now.
- Activate the installed plugin. You should now get a prompt to access your Blogger account.
- Accessing your account will bring up the name(s) of your blogger blog(s).
- Click on Import button against the blog you want to migrate.
- Follow the instructions to complete the import.
This step involves redirecting your traffic from the old blog to the new one. In your Admin
panel, go to settings and choose the option for Permalinks
. Now choose Custom Structure
and change the permalinks.
Do not forget to redirect your Blogger blog to your custom domain. I assume you have opted for a custom domain before deciding to opt for migration to paid hosting. You will need to set the custom domain on your blog, otherwise people logging on your blogger blog will not be redirected to your new URL.
To do this, follow the below mentioned steps -
- Select Settingsand choose Publishing.
- Now choose Custom Domain. You can now enter your URL>
- Now, save your changes and you are done.