There are a few applications available that let you transfer your contacts from Samsung Galaxy smartphone to your PC. Most of these are third party softwares.
One such application is Android Data Transfer. The application lets you import or export contacts between your PC and smartphone. Here is how you can go with it -
1. Download Android Data Transfer from the link http://www.android-recovery-transfer.com/transfer-contacts-between-android-and-computer.html. Install the program and launch it.
2. Connect your device via USB or WiFi.
3. The application will detect your device and displays the details on the main window.
4. On the left side bar, click on Contacts.
5. Click on the contacts you would wish to transfer and click on Import/Export option.
6. In the drop down list click on Export selected contacts to computer option. If you want to export all contacts, you can click on Export All contacts to computer.
7. Done! Your contacts will be imported to your PC.
Alternatively you may use Samsung Kies to transfer your files to your PC. However, it does not support contacts transfer. I have checked it personally on my PC as I have a Samsung Galaxy series smartphone. Samsung Kies is an application from Samsung that lets you connect your phone to your PC.
The best option to transfer your contacts would be to use Google Contacts. Make it a point to sync all your contacts with Google. That way, you can access your Google account on any PC any time and get back your contacts. You may also use other cloud services like Google Drive or DropBox for the purpose.
Live....and Let Live!