Well, the battery saving tips should remain same through out all the devices. Here are a few tips on how can you make it last a little longer.
1. Disable wake locks for the apps that are not much important. Go into Settings and then Privacy. Select Privacy Guard. Among the apps that are listed, find the app you would wish to deny wake locks. If you don't see the built in apps in the list, tap on the options and select " Built in apps". Long press on the app concerned and look for wake locks. Set it to off.
2. Avoid setting the screen to auto brightness unless it is absolutely necessary. Turn down the brightness to suit the ambient light manually.
3. Turn of WiFi and other radios. Well, thus is the most adviced option. No need to explain why.
4. Switch battery mode to Power save.
5. Turn on the Battery saver on your device. You can find it from the settings menu.
6. Use hibernating apps like Greenify. In fact, I use it on my Galaxy S3. It's a great app that restricts many background processes as per your settings.
7. Keep all your apps updated. The apps have been a major cause of battery drain because of many reasons like bad codes, memory leaks.
8. Turn off the location services off when not needed.
9. Use dark themes for your apps and wallpapers. Brighter themes will drain more battery.
10. Remove unneeded home screen widgets and live wallpapers.
If Marshmallow update Is available for your device, make sure you update it to the latest software. The Marshmallow update has many features to improve battery performance like Doze feature which identifies if your device is idle and restricts background processes.
Live....and Let Live!