There are two very easy methods to factory reset your Xiaomi Redmi 2 smartphone. Follow the step given below very carefully or you might get to failure to the easy methods. Also keep in mind to make a copy of all the data present on your smartphone as you might need those anytime.
Read the details given below to know those two easy methods.
1. Switch off your smartphone using the Power button.
2. Now wait for some time, like for only 2-3 minutes.
3. Now switch on your smartphone using the Volume Down + Power button at once for some time like 5-10 seconds.
4. You should hold those till you switch to the Boot Mode screen.
5. Now its really very simple, just use the Volume UP and Volume Down keys to scroll up and down respectively. And use the Power button to select any option.
6. From the menu of the Boot screen, select the option named as Recovery by using the keys mentioned in the Step number - 5th.
7. Now you will be viewing an Android image screen.
8. At that time, you need to press the Power key of your smartphone so as to enter the Recovery Mode successfully.
9. Now you will be shifted to the Recovery Mode screen.
10. Now using the same Volume UP and Volume Down keys go to wipe data/factory reset option and select it using the Power key of your smartphone.
11. Now your phone will ask you for your permission, so just select Yes--delete all user data using the three same keys mentioned used the above mentioned steps.
12. Now you will need to restart your smartphone, so just select reboot system now option to do so.
13. That's all to do with the first method, if you don't want to follow this method to reset your smartphone, then follow the second method mentioned below.
1. Switch on your smartphone if its off using the Power key.
2. Now go to the main menu of your smartphone and then go to the Settings option.
3. Now you will see various options on your phone's screen, so just tap on the Backup and Reset option.
4. After this, tap on the Factory data reset option.
5. Now tap on the Reset Phone option to move forward.
6. Now select the Erase everything option to successfully complete this easy method.
7. That's all to do with this easy method.
So finally these were the two easy methods to reset your Redmi 2 smartphone.
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.