Well, seriously, booking airline tickets through travel agents is a time consuming process besides the exorbitant costs associated which go beyond the actual travel fare.
Booking your flight tickets online is the best option which will save you from long queues and the additional cost.
Here are some good sites which can be used to book flight tickets
You may also use the individual sites of the respective airlines like jet airways or indigo.
Here are the steps involved in booking tickets online -
1. Login to your account on the website website of your choice.
2. Enter your source and destination if you have not yet finalised on the flight. Choose the one that suits your budget and comfort level. If you have already selected the flight, you can directly search for it.
3. Enter Date, time, number of passengers and all such details.
4. Make payment via credit card/ debit card or net Banking. If you are paying through debit or credit card, you will be asked to enter your card number, card expiry card, name as on the card and the CVV. CVV is the three digit number in italics printed on the backside of your card.
5. You will receive an OTP - one time password on your registered mobile number which needs to be entered in the next screen to authorise your payment.
6. Once the payment is done, your ticket is booked and the details are presented on your screen.
7. You can access your booked ticket from the transaction history (or the order history- in some websites ). You can download and/or print your ticket from here.
Please note not to press refresh or back button between the booking on payment stage as it will result in double charges to your card.
Live....and Let Live!