Advantages of power banks
In fact, power banks
are always safe to use. As long as the connectors and the current ratings are checked to be proper, you need not worry about anything.
1. You can easily charge your device when you have no access to electricity.
2. Being high powered devices, they can charge your phone faster.
3. They can be charged via USB, so do not need to have separate chargers for them.Disadvantages
There are not much disadvantages associated with power banks.
1. They are quite expensive.
2. Some high power power banks tend to be bulky and heavy.
3. Using your device while being charged by power bank is quite uncomfortable because of the shorter cable length. Points to be noted while buying a power bank
- Capacity - Go for a power bank based on your total requirement. It can be calculated based on the total capacity of all your devices and the number of charge cycles you may need.
- Battery type - Power banks contain Li-Po or Li-ion batteries. Li-Po batteries are expensive, but last longer. Also take care to check battery quality. Some low cost power banks contain refurbished batteries.
- Connectors- Smartphones draw current from 1A connectors and tablets need 2A input. Check the power bank for proper connectors.
- Portability - We buy power banks for its portability. A power bank with higher capacity may tend to be bulky.
- Protection - Power banks come with some safety features like Short circuit protection, Over charge protection, Over discharge protection and temperature protection. Make sure the power bank you are buying comes with these features.
- Price - Going for exceptionally low price power banks may not be a good idea. They may contain substandard or refurbished batteries. Go for a power bank from a known although a bit expensive.
Now coming back to your question on popular power bank in india, here is the list - 1. Xiaomi 10400 mAh Power bank
Available at an affordable price tag of Rs. 999, this offering for Xiaomi is water and corrosion resistant. It has over discharge and over charge protection. Also comes with fast charging option. 2.Ambrane P1040
A 10400 mAh power bank from a renowned Ambrane brand, this has digital display. It was S available at Rs.1500 from SnapDeal. 3. Lenovo PA10400
It has options to charge two devices simultaneously. Available on Flipkart at Rs. 1650, the power bank can charge itself fully in 5 hours. It also has digital display.
Though there are many more power banks available, I have made it a point to give a list of power banks with 10400 mAh because of the most affordable Xiaomi model.