Yes, Google is going to roll out an algorithm update on Mobile usability of a site
. Now, don't think that, Google will not index non-mobile responsive sites. Google will still index them but it will not rank let them higher in searches made by handheld devices.
How to make your site mobile responsive
Instead of creating a mobile friendly version of your site on a different subdomain like m.example.com, I recomend you to install a responsive theme on your blog. A responsive theme automatically adjusts its size according to the screen size of the device.For making Blogger blog mobile friendly :
1. Firsly, you have to choose and download a mobile responsive template for you blog. Some of the free templates are :
- Sincup Magazine Blogger Template.
- ATB Blogger Template.
- Velocity Magazine Blogger Template.
- MiniMag Responsive Blogger Template.
- Fabulous Responsive Blogger Template.
2. Now login to your Blogger dashboard select your desired blog.
3. Then goto Template and click on Backup/Restore button.
4. Now backup you existing template by clicking on the "Download full template" button.
5. Then browse and upload the mobile friendly template you have downloadd in the first step.
6. Once uploaded, you can check the mobile responsiveness of your blog by visiting it through different devices. For making Wordpress blog mobile friendly :
1. Firstly download and install Jetpack Plugin in your wordpress dashboard. Its completely free. It has many more features other than mobile theme.
2. Once installed, click on the Jetpack and search for the mobile theme feature.
3. Then click on activate button to turn this feature on.
4. That's all.