The UIDAI has made it simple and convenient to update your Aadhar details which can now be done online, or by sending the request via Post .
Here is the list of data you can correct Name Date of Birth GenderMobile number Address
Instructions for sending update request via Post
1. Visit UIDAI portal at this link - UIDAI PORTAL
2. Download Aadhar Aadhar data update/correction for by clicking on the appropriate link on the portal.
3. Fill the form properly and sign it.
4. You can download instructions for filling up the form.
5. Attach the self signed/attested supporting documents as may be required.
6. Send the form to the address mentioned in the instructions depending on your region.
Instructions for online update
For updating the the data online, visit this link Online data update on UIDAI
You will need to scan and upload the self signed/attested supporting documents.
Please note that in either case of data update by post or online, the correction will not happen instantly. The details submitted by you are subject to verification and approval.