WhatsApp had promised to come up with a PC version, but somehow it is still not ready yet. There is a method though which allows you to use it on your PC.
Let me explain the details -
1. You need an android emulator app. There are plenty of them for your PC. One of them is BlueStacks App Player. Download it.
2. Install BlueStacks App Player. Bring it to windowed mode from full screen by clicking diagonal icon on top right.
3. Keep the app running, open your browser and download WhatsApp apk file.
4. Double click the apk file, it will install in BlueStacks app player.
5. Open BlueStacks and launch WhatsApp from within it.
6. Enter your phone number and verify.
7. Wait till WhatsApp tries to verify your number using SMS and fails.
8. You will receive an option for voice verification. Accept and click Call Me.
9. You will get a voice call with verification code.
10. Enter it in WhatsApp on BlueStacks. You are done.This method has the following limitations
- None of existing contacts or groups will be available in this method.
- If you plan to use it on your PC as well as on your phone, think twice. It is not possible. One number can be associated with only one device at a time.
- You cannot switch between your phone and PC instantly. There is a delay of 20 minutes between the two verifications.