Below is the step by step guide to activate and post updates in Blogspot blog via SMS and MMS :
1. Login to your blogger account and click on the blog which you want to activate.
2. Go to Settings > Mobile and email. Now click on Add a mobile device.
3. Now you will see a verification code on your computer screen.
4. Create a new message in your mobile and send that verification to this no. 256446.
5. Once your mobile number is activated, you can post pictures, text or both on your blog by just sending a message to 256446 everytime.
Pros of Blogspot SMS service :
1. It is highly portable service, you can post urgent updates on your blog without any hassle.
2. You do not need internet connection to use Blogspot SMS service.
3. You do not need large devices like PC, Laptops etc. to update your blog.
4. You can post updates via SMS, MMS and Email on your blog.
Cons of Blogspot SMS sevice :
1. It is a very expensive service if you are not using SMS pack on your SIM card.
2. You could not post a picture which is more than 250 KB in size. If you do so, the message will be bounced.
How to deactivate Blogspot SMS service :
If you want to deactivate SMS service of Blogspot. Then send a text message 'UNREGISTER' to 256446. Now your device will be deactivated from Blogspot.