Samsung Galaxy Core 2 is a modified version of Galaxy Core. So, I don't think that Kies 2.0 is that what you need to use the device as a modem on your PC. Solution:
Try Samsung Kies v3 and Galaxy Core 2 USB Driver.
You can download Samsung Galaxy Core PC Suite i.e. Kies v3 by clicking here
Also, download Galaxy Core 2 USB Driver by clicking here
.About Samsung Galaxy Core 2
Galaxy Core 2 is one of the most popular mid ranged smartphones. Some good features of Galaxy Core 2 smartphone are:
1. It is run by the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
2. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
3. It houses a 4.5" touchscreen display with 800x480 pixels resolution.
4. It has a 4 MP rear facing camera.
5. It also has a 0.3 MP front facing camera.
6. It comes along an internal memory of 4 GB.
7. It's memory can be expanded up to 64 GB via microSD slot.
8. It supports 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS and Bluetooth connectivity.
9. It houses a 512 MB RAM.
10. It is priced under Rs 10,000; Even lower than that.