What is Root?
Root is the main user or super user or administrator account in Linux and Unix systems. Android is also Linux based OS but this root privileges were not given to us. Only the super-user or root user has all the privileges of the system such as start or stop a process, modify the hardware and software configuration. Root is the nerve center of the phone and can access and modify almost all important files in your phone. Mobile vendors lock this root feature because modifying important files may cause to loose your phone stability. Google mobiles like Nexus will have this option by default.
Benefits of root user are:
1. Backup all your files and apps.
2. Will be able to use advanced program such as screenshot, Root explorer, fonts etc.
3. Modify the system's internal procedures.
4. Installing apps directly to the SD card without any third-party app.
How to Root your Android phone?
There are several procedure to root your Android mobile. Here I have given the common method which is successful in most of the mobile phone. Domestic mobiles like Micromax, Celkon, Karbonn can also be rooted by this method.
- Step 1: Download SuperOneClick2.3.3. There is no Linux version of SuperOneClick. I think you can run this software in Linux versions like Ubuntu and Redhat using software Wine. Wine enables to install executable files in Linux operating system.
- Step 2: For rooting your Android mobile / tablet you need a Windows OS PC. If you are using Windows XP operating system then install Dot NET Framework v2.0 or later, or you will not be able to run this software.
Download . NET Framework v2.0 for for Windows XP.
- Step 3: Make sure the phone's external SD card is in the unloaded state.
- Step 4: Change your Android mobile USB setting to "USB debugging" mode. To change this open Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging. Now connect your mobile / tablet to the computer via USB data cable.
- Step 5: Decompress SuperOneClick2.3.3 in your computer and open it.
- Step 6: Click on the Root key at upper-left corner. If there is no response for long time then unplug your mobile and check is there any background process running and then connect.
- Step 7: When the software prompts Success means your root process have completed successfully, restart the phone.
- Step 8: Check the phone menu there will be icon named as super user. If not then repeat the process again.
Rooting steps without using computer
To root your Android mobile without using computer you should download a root tool named Z4Root. This method won't work in mobile phones like Micromax, Karbonn, Idea, Celkon etc.
- Step 1: Download Z4Root
- Step 2: Open it you can see the following interface
- Step 3: Click the first icon to obtain permanent ROOT privileges. Wait for the program to run, a matter of minutes you can directly get Root privileges. After the app says "Root successfully done", restart the phone.
- Step 4: To Re-root or Un-Root, open the app again. There will option for you to choose Re-root or Un-Root.
|Guest Author: Nandu 15 Feb 2013|
|This article is very helpful to me. I was searching on internet to root my Android phone. This article is in simple and quickly understandable format. Thank u|
|Author: Mobile Boy 15 Feb 2013||Member Level: Diamond Points : 0|
|Thanks for your support.|
|Author: Hari Raj R 11 Mar 2013||Member Level: Silver Points : 0|
|Its seems Zroot is not working on some devices, I have tried use Zroot in my galaxy tab1, but apart from restarting the tablet nothing happens.|
|Guest Author: sARATH 06 Apr 2013|
|Not working in Xperia Ray..as well as MTAG 351|
|Guest Author: Mahesh 30 Jan 2014|
|Can this zroot work on my iball andy 4di+?|