Different Versions of Windows 8 Operating system (OS)
Windows 8 Operation system comes in variety of versions. This article will helps in understanding the different versions offered by Microsoft for Windows 8 OS.
newly launched operating system
comes in variety of versions, packed with new features and functionality. Microsoft has optimized the Windows 8 OS for both touch (tablets) and type (laptop/desktop) driven systems. Due to varieties of versions available in Windows 8 OS, user tends to confuse between which versions to go for their system. This article will help you to understand the different versions of Windows 8 OS and eventually help in selecting the most suitable version for your system.
Different Versions of Windows 8 OS
– This is the basic version of latest Windows 8 OS which doesn't have the features like Window-To-Go and Encryption features.
Windows 8 Pro
– This is the main version of Windows 8 OS equivalent to
professional or ultimate version, having all features included in Window 8 version along with other additional capabilities and functionality useful for various kind of Windows users. The professional version is packed with all features except which are only useful for enterprise users. This is the version you should go for if you are desired to get the maximum benefit from latest Windows 8 OS.
Windows 8 Enterprise
– This is for corporate users or companies who want to install Windows 8 OS on numbers of systems using Volume licensing method. Windows 8 Enterprise version has all the features which are included in Windows 8 PRO version except Windows Media Center add on and comes with special features useful in enterprise world.
Windows RT (Windows on ARM)
– This is the special version of Windows 8 OS which is first time introduced by Microsoft in public. Windows RT version is the most basic version which is compatible only with laptop/desktop or tablets which runs on ARM processors. If your computer or tablet uses Intel or AMD processor then you can't use Windows RT version on that system. A user can't buy Windows RT version in open market, this version comes pre installed on computers or laptops powered by ARM processor. The main difference between this version and any other version is that you won't be able to run legacy application on Windows RT version. i.e. Windows RT version doesn't support the X86 architecture based programs. You can only install and run applications which are available to download through Windows application store. So you can't install and run Fire fox, Picasa or VLC player on Windows RT version.
Windows RT version
comes with pre-included touch optimized Microsoft Office 2013 application suite like Excel, Word, Power Point and One Note and support the device encryption.
Minimum hardware requirement to run any version of Windows 8 operating system except Windows 8 RT version which is compatible with computers or tablets powered by ARM processors.
- 1GHz or faster
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit or 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB for 32-bit or 20GB for 64-bit
– Graphic card with DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
– Monitor having minimum resolution of 1024x768 pixels
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Different Versions of Windows 8 Operating system (OS)"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Check out Techulator Polls & Giveaways on LockerDome
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Subscribe to RSS Feeds by Email
Last 7 Days
Shoeb Ahmed ...