Deals & Giveaways
Tools and Utilities
Audio & Video Utilities
Android TV using Akai TV to smart TV converter
Posted Date: 07-Oct-2012
Audio & Video Utilities
Here I have given details about Akai smart box which converts normal TV into a smart TV. The converted smart TV function like a Android Tablet. This device uses Android OS for interface. Check the full details below.
TV to Smart TV converter
: I was thinking about a device that could convert TV into a smart TV. Finally I found a device by Akai that converts a TV into a smart TV. It is quoted that it can convert any kind of TV such as CRT, Plasma, LCD, AMOLED, OLED or LED into a smart TV. It converts only TV but not monitor that we use for PC. This can be possible by a smart box. Smart box is something like DTH box programmed for smart TV conversion. This smart box kernal is based on Android platform.
Akai smart box
- Rs 6,990.
Akai smart box is now available in India. You can purchase this smart box with best buy offers at online portals. Using this Akai smart box connected to your TV you can turn you TV into a smart TV. Smart TV means that it can do all the operation of tablet PC. This smart box have inbuilt Wi-Fi facility and so you can access internet. Browser is available by default in this smart box. You cannot convert all TV into smart TV. Only if your TV have HDMI port you can use this Akai smart box.
Operating System – Android OS (version details not available)
Storage – 4GB internal memory and 32 GB via micro SD
Processor – 1GHz clocked processor.
RAM – 1GB
Connectivity – Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot and wireless mouse
Ports – Four USB V 2.0 and HDMI
This specification looks that Akai made a tablet PC without a display. This is a new initiative way by Akai.
(1) If your budget is less and you cannot afford a PC.
(2) Make sure your TV has got HDMI port. HDMI port is rectangular port looks like normal USB port. HDMI port will be flat at the top and slightly bend at both sides of the bottom.
(3) If you are not interested in touchscreen tablet then you can buy this Akai smart box.
(4) If you want your things in bigger screen then this Akai smart box suites you.
(5) To make use your HDMI port in your TV.
If you already have a tablet PC in your home. Because Akai Smart Box have same functionality of tablet.
(2) If your TV doesn't have HDMI port.
How to Use
(1) Connect your HDMI cable from your Akai box to your TV HDMI port.
(2) For movements use the wireless mouse provided with your Akai smart box.
(3) For keyboard you can use the ports available in Akai Smart Box. Instead you can also use the USB port available in your TV.
(4) To access internet, go to connectivity and ON Wi-Fi. Click on the browser available on your TV. You can also use Facebook, Twitter and youtube.
(5) Skype is possible in this Akai smart box. For skype you need to connect web camera using the USB port.
(6) For DLNA function connect your mobile and Akai Smart Box to the same Wi-Fi device. Then you can watch your contents in TV.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530
How to change EDGE to high speed net in Android
Google unveils strange & weird Project Glass
Deeper sonar ball- A smart fish finder for Android and iOS devices
A weird Nikon's Android-Powered 3D picture frame device NF-300i review
Kurio 7- Android tablet for kids review
MOTOACTV Android smart watch - Complete fitness tracker review
MAID - India's first Android based Microwave Oven
Samsung announces Galaxy Camera- review and features
Samsung Galaxy camera- a strange and weird Android digital camera
Read related articles:
Strange Android devices
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Android TV using Akai TV to smart TV converter"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Subscribe to RSS Feeds by Email
Last 7 Days