Resources » Computers & Smart Devices » Android Phones
How to Update HTC One S with Cyanogen Mod 10 Based Jelly Bean 4.1
HTC One S users can now enjoy the actual taste of JellyBean 4.1 by updating their device with Cyanogen Mod 10 Based Jelly Bean 4.1. This is an unofficial release of Jelly Bean 4.1 update, so you can expect only some features of this update to be working perfectly. Read on this article to find out 'How to update your HTC One S with latest Jellybean 4. Custom ROM'.
How to update HTC One S with CyanogenMod 10 JellyBean 4.1 Firmware
You are all awaiting for the latest update for your HTC One S. Now there us an unofficial CyanogenMod 10 Based Jellybean 4.1 Update available for your HTC One S. Now in this article I am going to give you a complete guide on how to update your HTC One S with Cyanogen Mod 10 Based Jellybean 4.1 Firmware. Read this article to know more about this tutorial.
The latest update guide for your latest HTC One S is here. An unofficial CyanogenMod 10 ROM has been released for HTC One S. Usually CyanogenMod ROMs are well known in the field of providing faster and smoother performance options for the upgradable devices. Jellybean 4.1 is fast and smooth when compared to other versions of Android. Now you can enjoy a real taste of Jellybean on your HTC One S with CM10.
Note: As the ROM is currently in a developing stage, you might not get all the features to be worked as expected. There will be bugs and other issues and as CM10 is still in work progress, many customization features are not present in this ROM.
Working Features of Jellybean 4.1 Update for HTC One S
Can receive and answer the calls.
Can send and receive SMS and MMS.
No issues with Data & Network.
WiFi and WiFi Hotspot works fine.
Bluetooth, Tethering and Audio.
Camera works fine, but with horrible battery drain.
USB Mass Storage.
Features of Jellybean 4.1 Update for HTC One S that do not Work
Headphones are not recognized when Plugged-in.
Media Process seems to be Unstable.
Animation are not shown when screens switch on or off.
Often occurs graphical errors.
The following tutorial methods which are mentioned in the below steps are considered to be risky and you should never attempt to do anything unless you have complete knowledge and aftereffects about this guide. In case if your device is damaged, we do not held liable.
How to Install CM10 on HTC One S
1. Before starting your work to update, first of all Backup your important files and data to SD card, as there are possibilities that your important data like contacts, SMS etc will be erased from your phone memory and will be lost.
2. After you back up your data, you will need to unlock bootloader from your One S. Procedure of unlocking the bootloader in both One X and One S are same, so you just can unlock the bootloader by considering the Unlocking guide of HTC One X from Google.
3. Once you unlocked your device, you have to now download the latest version of the CM10 ROM from this Official page
4. Next step in this tutorial is to download the 'Google Apps Package'. This package will install some general apps like Google Play Store, Gmail and similar other apps. You can download the Gapps from here.
5. Now copy the above zip files into your SD card of your HTC One S.
Reboot your phone such that, you will straight away enter into recovery mode. In order to run into recovery mode, you must hold both the volume down button and the power key simultaneously. You can navigate to recovery mode with the volume of volume up or down buttons.
6. Perform a backup on your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore.
Once Backup is completed, reboot Your phone by selecting "reboot system now".
Now open the zip files from the downloaded zip and extract 'boot.img' by using either WinZip or 7-zip.
7. Now download and extract Fastboot. Extract this file into your C:\ drive of your computer.
8. Now copy the 'boot.img' file, which was extracted from the step 9 on to your C drive. Now you will be having a Fastboot folder.
9. Now switch off your phone and enter into fastboot mode. Once you are in fastboot, connect your HTC One S with your PC and open Command prompt from "Start>> All Programs>> Accessories.
10. In the command prompt, you have to type the following commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Once the above commands are typed, you will get a Okay message in your command prompt.
11. You can now disconnect your phone from your computer.
Now using your power button on your phone, select 'HBOOT' and boot into recovery mode by selecting 'RECOVERY'.
12. With the help of volume buttons, scroll up and with the help of power button select bootloader and recovery.
13. Now you have to select wipe data/factory reset and you have to confirm your act on your next page. It will take a few seconds to complete the wipe.
14. Now from your SDcard, select install zip and choose zip from SDcard. The custom ROM will start installing, once you confirm your installation.
15. Once the above installation process completes, you have to reboot your phone once again by going back and selecting 'reboot system now'. Finally your phone will boot up with CM10
Congratulations, you have successfully installed Android 4.1 JellyBean on your HTC One S. You can confirm the same by going to settings and selecting 'About Phone'.
Read related articles: Android update HTC One S update
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...
Talk to Webmaster Tony John