Resources » Computers & Smart Devices » Android Phones
How to update HTC HD2 with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware- Tutorial
You might be knowing about the latest release of Android 4.1,known as the Jellybean, almost all the latest smartphone devices can be updated to it easily. Today in this fine article I am going to give you a complete guide on 'How to Update HTC HD2 with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware'. Read this article to find out more about this particular tutorial.
HTC HD2, the very latest smartphone from HTC can be now updated with the latest version of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Although you can enjoy the Jelly Bean version of Android for your HTC HD2, this version is not officially released by HTC. This is a custom ROM firmware launched by some other developers exclusively for your device. As there is no clue for the official release of the update for HTC HD2, there are ways to update your device with the taste of Android 4.1 Jellybean. This custom ROM firmware is a Beta release for your device, as a result some functionalities may not work as you see in the original version of Jellybean. Some functionalities of this custom ROM are still under development. This custom ROM can be only installed on rooted devices, so first you should have to root your device.
Note: You must be really careful while installing this version onto your device, because if you do not follow the below steps carefully, you might even damage your device. Also, don't attempt to install this ROM for your device, if it is network locked, because if it fails to update, it may even brick your device. This method has been tested but we cannot guarantee its stability.
We don't take any guarantee or responsibility for any mishappening with your device or its software while following the below mentioned steps
Working features of the update
Mobile Data 2G/3G
USB storage options
Features which may not function as it is expected
Pre-requisites and precautions before installing Android 4.1 on HTC HD2
Before moving further into the installation of the ROM, you must understand that the data on your device's memory might be lost. You it is highly recommended for you to create a backup for all the data. After backing up your device, you must need to move all the data files into your computer's hard drive, to ensure more safety. The following methods can be used to backup your data.
1. To backup your SMS, you can use the application named 'SMS Backup and Restore'.
2. To backup your contacts list, you can sync them with your Gmail application.
3. Also you must create a backup for your call log and restore.
4. In case of Images, Songs, Videos and other files, copy them into your external SD card and keep them safe from being deleted.
Before starting your installation process, it is strongly recommended for you to disable all the antivirus softwares both from your PC as well as from your device. I recommended this step, as most often this will interrupt the running process. Another thing you must do is to Enable USB debugging mode in your device from settings panel. Also don't forget to keep your device's battery level more than 40%, it is to ensure complete installation without any interruption in between, due to low battery.
As you read the above paragraphs, they are the set of instructions which you must strictly follow, in order to avoid any sort of interruption in between. Assuming that you are following the above steps accurately. Okay, let us move on to the real part of installation of Jellybean 4.1 on your HTC HD2.
Procedure to Update your HTC HD2 with Jellybean 4.1
- First of all you will need to Download Jellybean 4.1 package to your PC. After finishing your downloading process, connect your device with your PC using a USB cable. Copy and paste the downloaded Zip file into your HTC HD2.
- Now disconnect your device from your computer, after ensuring the complete instructions on the above step. Now turn off your device completely and wait for a few seconds. Reboot your device by holding both volume up key and Power button in order to enter into the boot loader mode. If the device does not load recovery mode, you will have to try again after switching off your phone.
- While on the recovery mode, select factory reset and also clear all the cache data by selecting Wipe Cache partition.
- After the above processes, you will then have to install the Zip file, which was once downloaded and copied to your SD card. Now when a list appears, scroll down to select ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package and Google App Package, once both the files are been selected, your device will start processing to apply them on your HTC HD2 and will long for about 8- 10 minutes.
Note: If you get stuck in between, then turn off your device by long pressing the power button and repeat the whole process from the start by following each steps clearly.
So that is it, your device will now load with the latest version of Android 'Jellybean 4.1'. In order to perform the installation without any corrupt in between, please ensure reading and understanding this article clearly.
Read related articles: Android Jelly Bean installation Jelly Bean
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...
Talk to Webmaster Tony John