HTML 5 Tutorials
Internet & Browsers
Yahoo Launches New Axis Browser for iOS devices and plugins for Chrome, Firefox and Explorer
Posted Date: 25-May-2012
Yahoo has recently introduced a new browser-cum-app to provide fast searching and browsing to users. Read this article to know the additional features of this browser in details. Here we have discussed all the cool features of Yahoo's Axis browser in detail.
Yahoo, the search engine giant has launched its
Axis web browser
yesterday, which is mainly built for iOS devices. But Yahoo has also provided an additional plugin option to use Axis in Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer and for other major browsers. In this article, we are introducing you to the special features of Yahoo's Axis browser.
Special Features of Axis
1. Axis is available for iPad and iPhones, and additional plugins for the laptop/desktop browsers like Google chrome, Internet explorer and Mozilla Firefox Etc.
2. This new browser is mainly designed to save the time of people while searching by eliminating the additional middle steps in the search process. According to Ethan Batraski (head of product for the search innovation of Yahoo), while searching a query, with Axis you can directly jump to query pages, skipping the steps when you waste surfing a millions of unnecessary links.
3. The best thing about axis is that, it bypasses the ads which appear on search results when you search for any query.
4. According to sources, Yahoo's search results in Axis browser are provided by Microsoft's search engine Bing, since the both companies agreed to collaborate on search technology and advertising, though there are no mention of powered by Bing in Axis search result's, so it may be only a rumor.
5. This Yahoo's new browser provides two-in-one experience to users i.e., searching and browsing.
6. Axis also allows users to save recently visited sites, save articles, add bookmarks for all your devices.
7. Axis also makes sure to resume all your pages/articles when you move out from your desktop or iOS device.
8. Axis provides a smarter and faster search to users.
9. Axis is also helpful in sharing any page/article by its pin and tweet option for webpages.
10. The tabs of Axis are very fastly which makes you switch among multiple websites.
How to use Axis Browser
Additional plugins to install Axis are available for all major web browsers like Firefox, chrome and internet explorer. When Axis plug-in is installed in your web browser, the plugin will appear as a search box at the bottom of your web browser. If you wants to search any query over it, then it will automatically be expanded.
Moreover, Axis is already available at store as an app for your iPhone and iPad. You can download it free of cost for your iOS device and computers.
What is the different activities performed by the Bing search engine ?
How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8.0 from windows vista
New Indian Browser named "Epic"
Firefox 4 beta 1 is now released
Best add-on for Mozilla Firefox browser
Videocon A27 Dual SIM Android smartphone launched for RS. 5999
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Yahoo Launches New Axis Browser for iOS devices and plugins for Chrome, Firefox and Explorer"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Common URL shortners: Benefits and Features
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to our upcoming monthly newsletters and learn about the new opportunities in Techulator.com
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Subscribe to RSS Feeds by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Talk to Webmaster Tony John