Performing a hard reset: Samsung Galaxy S2 case study
If you are interested in rooting or simply speeding up your Android, one of the first things you may want to consider is preforming a hard reset. This article will explain how you can root your Android Phone. If you are dissatisfied with the processing speed of your Android device, read the article and learn how it can be rectified with a hard reset.
I am giving you my own example. One evening, my Samsung Galaxy S2 began to lag substantially and froze eventually. After finding about rooting this week, I thought I would give it a go. I realized that before doing so, I must first hard reset my device. On reaching home that evening, I hurried to my computer and ran a search for how to reset Samsung galaxy S2?. What I found was as follows:
Instructions to hard reset Galaxy S2 :
1. The first thing to note is that performing a factory reset WILL NOT delete the data on your SD. The data is safe. You may want to take note of any particular settings since custom settings may get deleted.
2. The quick method is as follows:
Go to Menu. Select Settings option and click on Privacy. From the options, select Factory data reset. Reset phone and enter pass where prompted to do so. Erase everything.
3. Unfortunately, that does not always work given your phone may be frozen. In this case, follow these instructions:
Remove the battery and put back in. Then hold down the Volume button. Press Power button. When the Menu option appears, select Clear Storage. Press and release Power button once more.
Hopefully this is all you'll need to perform a factory reset Samsung Galaxy S2. But please do so with caution. Performing a factory reset is a serious business and it should be done with real attention to detail.
Leave your comments below and let us know how the procedure worked for you.
More articles: Samsung Galaxy S2
I have completed this process, but I still cannot up date my phone using Kies the program states my phone is not reconisged.
Have you any idea concerning this matter.
my phone is GT-I9100
KERNEL VERSION 188.8.131.52=I9100XWKDD-CL161513root@DELL103 #2
How To Perform Hard Reset / Factory Reset
1. Touch Home Key > Settings > Privacy.
2. Touch Factory data reset.
3. Touch Reset phone. Check Erase SD card if you want to erase the memory card.
4. Touch Erase everything.
1. Turn Phone off
2. Press and hold Volume up button then Press and hold Power button till a menu will come out "Android system recovery"
4. Use the Volume button to scroll up and down and use the Camera button to select (click on).
5. Scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset" and click on it.
6. Scroll down to "Yes -- delete all user data" and click on it.
7. After "Data wipe complete" click on "reboot system now"