Deals & Giveaways
Tools and Utilities
The Best Text to Speech Converter - Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Posted Date: 07-Nov-2010
There are many text to speech converters in the market who promised to convert text into speech exactly the way we speak. Rarely do we get any such software which does the work of converting text into speech exactly the same manner we speak in. However there is one such software Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Read this article to know more about Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
There are a lot of text to speech converters available in the software market. But by far I have not seen even a single piece of software which works the way I wanted it to. However, Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the only working software I have ever found converts text into speech the way it is spoken. In most of the text to speech converters what we find is that when we say something else appears on the screen as the path of the converted speech. However, with the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software what you speak is what you get.
In this article, I will talk about the features of Dragon NaturallySpeaking and also to tell you how it is different from other text to speech converters.
How to get started with Dragon NaturallySpeaking?
Following are the steps to be followed in order to get started with Dragon NaturallySpeaking –
1. Since Dragon NaturallySpeaking is paid software, we need to buy this software called Dragon NaturallySpeaking and install it.
2. After installing it, we need to train it via the training session. In the training session, you will be asked to narrate a piece of text from a book or so and your user voice will be recorded and the user files will be made.
3. After you have trained the software, you will be asked to continue doing what you want. If you want to narrate, you can now narrate.
Advantages of using Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Following are the advantages about the Dragon NaturallySpeaking –
Controlling PC applications
- By using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, you can control your PC applications which are currently running by just using some commands from Dragon NaturallySpeaking DragonBar.
Typing like you Speak
- By using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, you can type as if you were just speaking. The speed of recognition of this software is amazing. You can just go on speaking for over 20 seconds or so and the software would recognize your voice and type what you just spoke. To get better accuracy during typing by just speaking using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, you can train the software for specific words by going into words > train. Also sometimes you can train Dragon NaturallySpeaking for your regional languages words, however the current version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking can only type in the English language.
This saves a lot of time which you spend bringing meaning to your fingers by going on typing for hours. Rather all you need to do is to go on speaking what you wanted to type.
Supports any Writer
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking supports almost all writing software like Microsoft Word, Notepad, OpenOffice.org writer etc. This is what I like very much about Dragon NaturallySpeaking that you can type in the software which you already fond of. However the Dragon NaturallySpeaking also comes with DragonPad, which is a writer software from Dragon NaturallySpeaking. However it does not confine you to use the same software for the work and lets you use the software you want to use.
- Not only you can enjoy typing by just speaking but also you can allow your friends to make new user accounts in Dragon NaturallySpeaking and enjoy the typing right. All you need to do is to train the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software once again and create new user finds so as Dragon can recognize the speaker's voice easily.
Read related articles:
Text to Speech
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "The Best Text to Speech Converter - Dragon NaturallySpeaking"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Subscribe to RSS Feeds by Email
Last 7 Days