Installing more than one operating system in a computer
You can install more than one operating systems in the same computer if you have sufficient hard disk space. You should install the newer version on a seperate partition of your computer. This kind of installatin is called as dual-boot configuration. Installing two different operating systems requires a different partition for each OS. Let us see how to do it.
Installing two operating systems in your computer
You must disable all the anti virus software programs and back up the files before installing windows.
Installing and reinstalling Windows 7.
1. First you switch on your computer so that your currnet version of windows starts normally. Now you follow the steps given below.
• Borwse the installation file if you have downloaded windows 7, and then double click on it.
• If you have the windows 7 installation DVD, then you can insert it and the setup should start automatically. If it does not start, you can manually double click on setup.exe file in the disc.
2. Click on 'Install now' on the Install Windows menu.
3. Now you may get a page 'get important updates' if your computer is connected to internet. other wise this page does not appear. it is recommended to get latest updates to ensure a succesful installation of windows.
4. Now accept the License terms by clicking on 'I accept the license terms'.
5. Now click on 'Custom' when asked for which type of installation.
6. Then you have to select the partition where you want to install windows when you are prompted with 'Where do you want to install Windows?'. Here you must make sure that you select a different partition from the one where your current version of windows is installed.
7.Now you can click on 'next' to begin the installation.
That is all. Now your computer will have two operating systems.