You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Errors

How to solve this Error?

Dear members,

In my Office, I am using Windows Vista Business Edition and whenever I boot the PC, I get the following Error:

C:/Users/GENERAL USER/AppData/Roaming/xduug.dll
    The specified module could not be found.

What is this Error? Whether it will affect my system performance? What can be done to solve this Error?

Thanks in Advance.
    Hi,

I hope some application is looking for the file while is not in the particular place otherwise the file is not register in the Windows registry properly. One of the reason is the module which is inside the dll is not registered with registry will give this error.

How long this error is popping up in your system.

Check the file is there in the location. Try to scan the machine and check for the virus. I hope it is not the Windows OS dll. It is some other application which is using the dll is could not find the module.

It should not affect the performance of the system. I hope the application which is trying to access the dll is added in the Windows startup may slow down the Windows Vista system booting process.

Try to move the file to some other location and check for the error or try to login to the machine in safe mode and scan the system.

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

Thank you Jeyakumar for your detailed reply. I am having this error for the past one week. However, I will try to do what you have suggested during my office hours if it is possible.
    Satish Kumar Pranatharthyharan,
    Superintendent of Central Excise & Customs.

Hi,

You will be getting this error during start up. This is definitely a virus issue. This is a type of virus that was developed recently. It was actually developed good enough. No antivirus could find it out. Actually some antivirus will find that virus file that is affecting and delete that but it will not clear the error problem. This virus spread through Google talk. I can give you solution for this. Initially when this virus was introduced the antivirus was not capable of finding the virus and deleting it. For clearing it we will have to do it manually and that too in the safe mode. But in most of the antivirus definitions for that virus is updated.

First i will tell you what has happened in your system. The virus has attacked your system. The virus was located in
    C:/Users/GENERAL USER/AppData/Roaming/xduug.dll. In many cases this particular virus will also take place in the desktop. This will automatically be made to run. When you delete it you will get an error message stating that
    Program is already used by some other person.
    So initially we will have to login through the safe mode and delete the particular virus file from the system. When designing the virus they have made a little mistake. That virus was capable of working in normal mode but it was not active in safe mode so we can easily delete it from the safe mode.

Then later in your system the antivirus has removed the virus file but still if couldn't remove the changes in the start up and the registry. This is the reason why you get the error message.

Thanks & Regards
    S. Balasubramanian
    Webmaster, Chennaispider
    Site Coordinator, Tamilspider

Quote: "There are no accidents" - Kung fu Panda

It is easy to remove the error message in your system. I will provide you information on how to clear it.

Go to Run. There type msconfig. A window will appear. there you can find all the system files and the system services and also the start up services. Click on the start up option. There you can find many things that are checked. You remove the check mark for the start up services that are not necessary for you. Please be careful that you should not uncheck the antivirus and other important system related start up items. If you remove this then you will be asked to restart your system. After you restart your system you can see your problem will be rectified.

If your problem is what i have mentioned above this solution should definitely work on your system. If you have any other doubts regarding this you can contact me in person.

Thanks & Regards
    S. Balasubramanian
    Webmaster, Chennaispider
    Site Coordinator, Tamilspider

Quote: "There are no accidents" - Kung fu Panda

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.