You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Tools & Utilities

Is there a way to make my Desktop icons look bigger?

what is the process or way?
    Hi,

You can increase the size of the desktop icons in Windows. You can right click the mouse button in empty space of the Windows desktop and select view menu and by default it will show the icons in small. You can select the Medium or Large icon will show the desktop folders and files in large size. To reduce the size of the desktop icons again right click the mouse button in empty space of your desktop and select view menu and select small icon to see the desktop icons in smaller size.

Apart from increasing or decreasing the desktop icons you can hide all the desktop icons or you can hide specific icons like my computer, Recycled bin, Network Neighbourhood and some of the default icons can be removed from the desktop and whenever needed you can bring it back.

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

Hi,

If you are using Windows 7, this process is much more simpler.

All you have to do is right click in an empty space of the desktop. A pop up window appears. Go to View. Three options are available like Large icons, Medium icons, Smaller Icons. Choose what size you wanted.

This following image explains you.

In case, if you wanted to change the size of the icons inside a folder window in Windows 7, do as shown below.

In the right hand side top corner of the folder window,there is a option "Change your view."

If you press the drop down arrow i.e. "More Options."

A list pops up.

You can notice that the list has a size increasing and decreasing bar using which you can increase or decrease the size of the folder icons.

Regards.

Chandru Always Rocks

Hi pamela,

If you are using windows xp or previous versions of windows than according to me there is a way by which we can make the desktop icons looks bigger and larger.

Change the resolution of the screen and make it less 800*600, the icons will looks bigger.
    This can be also be done in windows 7, but there are other options to do so as explained by jeya and chandra shekhra.

Thanks

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.